View Single Post
Old 08-15-2019, 05:15 AM
juliasb

I try not to have larger projects in the car when traveling and I keep a folded over sewing kit that contains pieces I am working on. I usually am working on a hand piecing quilt. I make sure I have cut enough pieces before I leave on a trip. Long trips will have as many as 1000 pieces cut. Pieces for a GMFG or for a DWR are Ideal to travel with. Another one is Drunkard's Path blocks. Curves and hexi's are great travel projects. If I have a top that I am quilting I will bring with me a smaller quilting frame and a larger tote that contains the already basted quilt top. Keeping the majority of the quilt in the large tote with my sewing kit of needles, pins, threads and 2 pair of scissors and thread clippers along with beeswax for the thread will keep me busy for hours on end. A pillow does help to stabilize my hands while stitching. My preference are the smaller projects so I can see just what I have accomplished along the way with ease. Always a smaller tote for supplies when traveling. The larger tote only if carrying an already basted quilt. (not often). With the larger projects I find I do not need a pillow to stabilize my hands.