View Single Post
Old 09-11-2019, 12:27 PM
mkc

Originally Posted by Klermont View Post
so why do I see such awful reviews on Amazon?
To be quite honest, Amazon is the last place I would look to for a mid arm or to research one. For any of these machines, dealer support is key and dedicated places like QB and some of the machine quilting forums and FB pages (particularly the ones dedicated to a particular brand you are considering - not the parent company's but the actual owner/users groups).

Be aware with any review you read on Amazon, not all of them are legit. You can research through fakespot and another review reputation site whose name escapes me. Often times, competitors go in and post bad reviews of a product, meanwhile others are being paid for their positive review.

You are best served by reading the quilting discussions, making a list of machines to try, then searching out your closest dealer for each to test drive (or better yet go to a large quilt show where there are dealers for most or all the brands you are considering). It is just like buying a car - you wouldn't take someone else's word for what would work best for you without test driving it yourself.

Last edited by mkc; 09-11-2019 at 12:29 PM.