View Single Post
Old 11-23-2019, 04:51 PM
LyndaOH

I'm looking forward to next Friday and our first clue! Plus, Thanksgiving will be over with and my house will be back to normal - yippee!

I got my set of fabrics from quiltedtwins.com; I'm going to be subbing out with fabrics from my stash that are closer to Bonnie's colors.

From left to right in the photo:
1st column - perfect neutrals
2nd column - the fuschia/raspberry fabrics really missed the mark. The first fabric is really light, and the second and third have a rust background. The fourth and fifth will work as the lightest of that color grouping. The greens are good colorwise; I'll have to see how the middle one works as it is directional.
3rd column - I'm not quite sure what to think. The first three are supposed to be aqua, the second three are supposed to be light blues and the last five are supposed to be darks. I'm going to use the first three as part of my neutrals or not at all; the second three as aquas; the third three as light blues and I'll replace the bottom two with darks that are more like darker versions of the light blues. I expected them to lean a bit more purple than turquoise, and both the background and the print on them is very turquoise.

I'll pull some other fabrics as soon as I can and show you what I come up with, but I'd love your input on if I'm on the right track.

I'll probably stick with my own stash in the future; I was trying to save myself some time!

Thanks all!
Attached Thumbnails myfabrics.jpg