View Single Post
Old 01-17-2020, 04:16 PM
LyndaOH

I have not been sewing week by week because I've done that in the past with Bonnie's mysteries and been very disappointed at the end. In one case, I just didn't like the design, but in the other it was because the quilt was actually so much easier to make than the way she made it.

For all of you who have worked on the quilt clues each week, congratulations! I can't wait to see all your reveals and all the different fabrics you've chosen.

I did order fabric for the quilt and I will be making a version of it. It's essentially a LeMoyne Star with an alternating block that I designed to have the blue triangles to complete the wavy look of the quilt, and a thin "X" across the block. My blocks are the same orientation as Bonnie's, but the quilt is not set on point so no pesky half and quarter blocks and no bias edges, and no sashing. I will also do a thin border in neutrals (finishing at 2") and a second border that I haven't decided about. I'm thinking maybe four patches set diagonally. Now that I have both a plan and a snowstorm coming, I'll get started this weekend.

Just a word about the LeMoyne Stars in Bonnie's quilt. Does anyone have any idea why she would have us make the stars out of double the number of patches? Do you think it was to avoid the Y seam? I could see that, because it's hard to teach Y seams online, although once you've done a few they are easy. My other thought was that it helped her keep the mystery. Thoughts?

Looking forward to seeing blocks and then quilt tops!