View Single Post
Old 06-08-2022, 08:18 AM
oksewglad
Power Poster

Originally Posted by WMUTeach
I had one of those moments yesterday when I just had to paw through a bin of scraps and orphan blocks that I have created or that were given to me. Lots and I do mean LOTS of HSTs that needed to be created and used. I found so much to do. I had a lovely afternoon wandering through blocks, squaring them up and bagging them for a future projects . But more to the point of this thread, I found enough to create the centers for several baby quilts. I dug around in my stash and found coordinating fabrics to expand the centers into usable sizes and can finish at least one this weekend and maybe two. What an amazingly creative afternoon I had matching, trimming, sewing and seeing the bin of "usable scraps" turn into usable quilt tops. I began to put to use what was right next to me waiting for my attention. I am ready for day two!
I am in need of bags to carry to and from, but need to cover up some logos. I mean really who wants to carry a bag with a funeral home logo on it! Thanks for the orphan block reminder!