Old 02-13-2023, 12:50 AM
beatys9

Default What is this fusible paper type product called?

About 15 years ago I bought a package 50 or 100 sheets of 8-1/2" x 11" paper that I've been using ever since. One side was regular paper to draw a shape on and the other side was heat sensitive and could be fused to fabric. I would cut out a shape in the paper, usually a circle for the center of my table runners, then fuse it to the wrong side of the fabric with the iron. Then I cut out the shape in the fabric leaving 1/4" around, baste stitch the edge, pull it in, press with the iron, then peel off the paper and have a clean circle. Well now, all these years later, I'm on my last sheet, no longer have the package, and have no idea what this product is called. The shop I purchased it in closed last year. I've described it to a couple of people in other shops, and no one know what I'm talking about. I've searched online for stabilizers & fusible paper, but not found this item. Hopefully one of you experienced quilters know what the name is of the item I'm trying to find. I do wish I'd saved the packaging but that ship sailed long ago... Thank you!