Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What is this fusible paper type product called? >

What is this fusible paper type product called?

What is this fusible paper type product called?

Old 02-13-2023, 12:50 AM

Default What is this fusible paper type product called?

About 15 years ago I bought a package 50 or 100 sheets of 8-1/2" x 11" paper that I've been using ever since. One side was regular paper to draw a shape on and the other side was heat sensitive and could be fused to fabric. I would cut out a shape in the paper, usually a circle for the center of my table runners, then fuse it to the wrong side of the fabric with the iron. Then I cut out the shape in the fabric leaving 1/4" around, baste stitch the edge, pull it in, press with the iron, then peel off the paper and have a clean circle. Well now, all these years later, I'm on my last sheet, no longer have the package, and have no idea what this product is called. The shop I purchased it in closed last year. I've described it to a couple of people in other shops, and no one know what I'm talking about. I've searched online for stabilizers & fusible paper, but not found this item. Hopefully one of you experienced quilters know what the name is of the item I'm trying to find. I do wish I'd saved the packaging but that ship sailed long ago... Thank you!
Old 02-13-2023, 01:55 AM

There is a product called Steam a Seam 2 that comes in paper sheets that are 8 1/2 x 11. This product also can be purchased by the yard. Look on Jo Ann’s website.
Old 02-13-2023, 02:17 AM

Sorry, it is called EZ Steam 2, by Pellon.
Old 02-13-2023, 03:08 AM

Maybe"Soft Fuse", but the pkg I have has 10 sheets- 8x9 inches….it’s the premium paperback fusible web for machine or hand appliqué. You can take a look at it perhaps, www.SoftFusePremium.com… the email address, Shades Textiles. @me.com
my pkg is a few yrs old and I don’t know if it still exists, but it will do what you describe.
Old 02-13-2023, 05:23 AM

Is it possibly Kim Diehls Freezer paper sheets? Is so, Quilt in a Day currently has them on sale today (2/13/23). Hope you find what you are looking for.
Old 02-13-2023, 05:26 AM

I believe you may be referring to Freezer Paper. Unless you are running the sheets through a printer, it would be less expensive to get a roll of it from the grocery store or Amazon and tear off just how much you need.
Here are the Amazon's links that I found
For a roll that is 13.33 yards by 15 inches https://www.amazon.com/Reynolds-Free...KZ0/ref=sr_1_3
Here is a link for 50 sheets of Gypsy https://www.amazon.com/Gypsy-Quilter...MP4/ref=sr_1_3
And here is link for 50 sheets of Jenkins https://www.amazon.com/C-Jenkins-Fre...5NU/ref=sr_1_8

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Not affiliated with off-site link(s)

Old 02-13-2023, 05:29 AM

After pulling off the paper, could you fuse the circle to your project? In other words, did the paper leave a fusible residue on the fabric>

I have used double or triple layer thicknesses of freezer paper to make circles. I fuse the paper layers to themselves to give a heavier product, then draw my circle and cut out, iron on to back of fabric, cut that out slightly larger than the paper, paint the edge with starch, fold the wet edge over and iron dry. Then I remove the freezer paper circle and I have a nice crisp folded edge to applique, but I have to position and sew down. The fabric isn't fusible.
Old 02-13-2023, 05:53 AM

It sounds like freezer paper to me also. You could get it in sheets many years ago
Old 02-13-2023, 06:58 AM

Janey, the cost sure does go up from the roll and the precut sheets. The roll is by far the best value and there should be other companies out there that make rolls.
Old 02-13-2023, 06:59 AM
Power Poster

It sounds like sheets of freezer paper. I have a big roll of butcher’s freezer paper that works. I don’t know if you can even get that now. If you go to Amazon and put in freezer paper sheets, probably some will come up. Your local quilt shop might stock it but I would call first before wasting a trip.