Old 12-09-2023, 07:59 AM
Iceblossom

Joe'smom -- when I was auditioning my fabrics I really thought I wanted to go with my brighter blues, but I found with the B&W photos that their value was actually pretty close to my darks -- but my eyes could certainly tell the difference between the shades. I am going with my lighter/ashen blues. I do have some concerns how some of my neutrals/lights will work with the lighter blues but one thing at a time.

Good points on those of you using the paper pieced patterns to check your measurements on the print outs!

Shout out to my friend Barb (who is the one that gave me Cranky Bernie) who is definitely lurking but is sewing along with the rest of us! We were roommates for a bit in our early 20s... that was back in the early 80s. She works almost entirely in batiks so I'm sure her final quilt will be wonderful and exotic.

And hooray for my contractor -- still has more to do around here but the closets are done and I'll be able to sew this weekend. First I am spending some time with the hubby but I'm itching to get clue 2 done