Old 12-24-2023, 10:31 PM
joe'smom

I settled on a focus fabric. Now I'm realizing that the various clue #5 methods essentially equate the square-in-a-square unit with the snowball unit -- but are they really the same? With the sq-sq unit, you have larger triangles sewn to the diagonal sides of a smaller square. With the snowball unit, you have smaller triangles being attached to the corners of a larger square. Does this end up with the same surface area of the central fabric, and an equal amount of neutral? Bonnie used the traditional method she listed, which means she is working with a fabric set on its side, which could be a hint that we're ending up on point. On the other hand, the embroidery design on her fabric doesn't seem directional, so it might not matter with her fabric. It's not going to matter much with my fabric, either, but I'm back to being undecided on which method to use, and thinking I'm better off waiting.

I wonder if we'll get an extra clue this week. I guess it depends on whether we're in wrapping up mode, or extended finish mode. Merry Christmas to all!

Last edited by joe'smom; 12-24-2023 at 10:39 PM. Reason: correction