View Single Post
Old 03-22-2024, 02:16 PM
GingerK

Default Immer Appetitlich YouTube videos

I stumbled upon Immer Appetitlich a few days ago. I swear I gained 5 pounds just watching some of his recipe videos! Anyway, I decided to try one of his recipes and wow!! it is delicious! It has the texture of a coffee cake. I wonder how it would taste with a mixture of cranberries and apple.

German Apple Cake

Peel and chop two good sized apples. In a frying pan, melt 60 g. (2 oz) butter. Add 90 g. (3 oz.) sugar--I used brown) and stir to dissolve. I also added about 1 tsp. cinnamon. Add the apples and simmer over medium/low heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally . I took the pan off the heat when I started mixing the cake portion.

For the cake: Beat 3 eggs. Add 120g. (4 oz.) sugar and beat until light coloured--a couple of minutes.

Mix together, 300 g. (10.5 oz.) flour and 15g. (.5 oz or about 1 TBSP.) baking powder. Measure 200 ml. milk (3/4 cup). I added 1 tsp. vanilla to the milk. Add the flour and milk alternately to the egg mixture, beating well after each addition. Stir in the apple mixture.

Grease a 10.5x 7 inch cake pan (8x8 works too) Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 35 minutes. Sprinkle with icing sugar if desired.