Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Immer Appetitlich YouTube videos >

Immer Appetitlich YouTube videos

Immer Appetitlich YouTube videos

Old 03-22-2024, 02:16 PM

Default Immer Appetitlich YouTube videos

I stumbled upon Immer Appetitlich a few days ago. I swear I gained 5 pounds just watching some of his recipe videos! Anyway, I decided to try one of his recipes and wow!! it is delicious! It has the texture of a coffee cake. I wonder how it would taste with a mixture of cranberries and apple.

German Apple Cake

Peel and chop two good sized apples. In a frying pan, melt 60 g. (2 oz) butter. Add 90 g. (3 oz.) sugar--I used brown) and stir to dissolve. I also added about 1 tsp. cinnamon. Add the apples and simmer over medium/low heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally . I took the pan off the heat when I started mixing the cake portion.

For the cake: Beat 3 eggs. Add 120g. (4 oz.) sugar and beat until light coloured--a couple of minutes.

Mix together, 300 g. (10.5 oz.) flour and 15g. (.5 oz or about 1 TBSP.) baking powder. Measure 200 ml. milk (3/4 cup). I added 1 tsp. vanilla to the milk. Add the flour and milk alternately to the egg mixture, beating well after each addition. Stir in the apple mixture.

Grease a 10.5x 7 inch cake pan (8x8 works too) Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 35 minutes. Sprinkle with icing sugar if desired.
Old 03-23-2024, 03:25 AM

That sounds delicious!
Old 04-08-2024, 05:36 AM

Yummy! I've been into those kind of breakfast/snack/tea cakes lately too. Obviously, I have not been dieting. Tomorrow's another day.
Old 04-08-2024, 05:43 AM
Power Poster

Perfect timing for the recipe as I have some apples that need to be used. A good cake for the eclipse.
Old 04-08-2024, 09:20 AM
Power Poster

No baking temp so I am using 350 degrees. I guess i could search for the video. LOL
Old 04-08-2024, 09:28 AM
Power Poster

These type of videos drive me nuts. So S L O W. Just dump it in ! Who spends that much time watching every grain or drop when baking.
Old 04-08-2024, 11:35 AM
Power Poster

Okay got the cake baked while watching eclipse. It baked perfect and looks perfect but really bland tasting. My husband said tastes like apples on plain bread. My past baking classes kicked in:
My notes: Add salt to the batter at least one teaspoon. I did add a 1/2 teaspoon but that wasn't enough.
Add a dash of salt and lemon juice to the apple mix and cinnamon. Add a teaspoon of apple pie spice to the batter. I will make this again but will add much more flavor with the spices. The cake has a nice texture.

Last edited by Onebyone; 04-08-2024 at 11:37 AM.
Old 04-08-2024, 02:03 PM

My apologies, Onebyone. Yes, the temp is 350 degrees and yes, the second time I made it, I added 2 tsp. of cinnamon and 1/2 tsp. of nutmeg. It went over well at the guild meeting.
Old 04-08-2024, 05:17 PM
Power Poster

I will make it again as it was easy and baked excellent. The batter definitely needed salt though. I made a glaze of lemon juice and sugar, brought to almost a boil and poured over cake. It was delicious and my husband ate two more pieces.