View Single Post
Old 04-03-2024, 09:18 AM
retired2pa

Default Farmers Wife 1930 blocks....

My husband died suddenly in October and I've struggled with many things and quilting has been one of the things I'm having a hard time getting back into.

I've been looking for inspiration (and there's a lot of it out there) but nothing much has appealed to me. However, I follow Kathleen Tracy's FB page and they've been doing the Dear Jane quilt. I don't have that book but I do have the Farmer's Wife (both of them) and had started making FPP blocks from the 1920's book. I've been looking for the patterns and finally used the CD that came with the book. However, that told me nothing about the patterns or how to print them off. At some point in time way back when, I did find a website that had all the patterns but I had misplaced it (but I did eventually recently find the website again).

I started reading about posts on here from way back and how to get the patterns. Unfortunately, those sites are shut down now. Then, I was reading somewhere about people complaining about Laurie Hird's book and what a rip off it was because the patterns were not available anywhere. This goes way back. Some of them were so angry that said the were taking the book back to Barnes & Noble to get their money back. They felt cheated. The expensive templates are still available though.

All this to ask.....has anyone done this quilt? Do you feel the book(s) were a rip off?