Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • shoe brand, does anyone have these? >
  • shoe brand, does anyone have these?

• shoe brand, does anyone have these?

Old 04-14-2013, 10:57 AM
    Power Poster

Merrill, Clarks and Dansko are among the best brands for shoes. All are well-made with good arch and foot support. I got used to spending about $100 per pair of shoes a decade ago. For me, it's the difference between feeling fine and having feet that hurt. One good thing about these shoes is that they can last a LONG time! My inside Dansko shoes lasted a good five years before I had to replace them. Same thing with my Birkenstock outdoor sandals.
    Old 04-14-2013, 11:17 AM

I, too, got a pair of Merrills when I had plantar faceitis (? Sp) and I like them. They are a "moc" style I guess you could say. I also like the LL bean mocs which I got next and they are less expensive plus they have free shipping and free return shipping ifnthey don't fit.. I love my Berkenstocks, too, but they are sandals. If you know the style number you tried on, try Googling it to find a good price. LL Bean often has footwear on sale and I only get the mocs there when it is a sale (I am cheap I guess) but it is hard for me to justify paying $100 for a pair of shoes.
    Old 04-14-2013, 12:24 PM
    Power Poster

Merrills are great shoes. I have a couple pair and Mr. Stitchripper has some too. We like them.
    Old 04-14-2013, 12:30 PM

They are great shoes. Have worn them for several years. Clark's and Bjorn are also good.
    Old 04-14-2013, 12:55 PM

Merrell is a very good shoe but my absolute most comfortable shoes are either Keens or Birkenstocks..they saved my life. I am really impressed with Keens especially..
    Old 04-14-2013, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by Monika
    I love Merrill and SAS. I have real problems with shoes. I just gave up trying to buy inexpensive shoes, but now I don't need them very often. I have bad knees so I really need support and comfort.
    Same here. I have had the same pair of Merrill hiking boots for years and last year bought a pair of low-cut sneaker type for more leisurely walks in the woods. I love my SAS shoes for work. Both brands are comfortable from the first day you buy them and last for years. Kind of pricey but they do last.
    Old 04-14-2013, 01:50 PM

I have a pair of Merrell shoes, sandals and a pair of boots. Great arch support ( I have high arch and narrow heel) and I just love them.
    Old 04-14-2013, 02:09 PM

Love Merrill and SAS. They are more expensive to purchase initially, but save money in the long run since they last so long. I can't wear all the styles of either brand, have to try them on and some are not as comfortable.
    Old 04-14-2013, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by OCquilter
    They have been around forever. They are wonderful. I discovered them when I had plantar fasciitis. Worth the money if you have foot problems plus they are very durable and seem to last for years.
    My opinion also. I have 2 or 3 pair.
    Old 04-14-2013, 04:00 PM

Merrell's are a good brand if you have foot problems. I have 3 pair I think. My summer sandals are another brand - I think Ecco? Those are very good too for support. Expensive to have to buy any of them, but they prevent pain, so better in the long run.

I see all these young people wearing flip flops and wonder what kind of issues they will have in 5-20 years.