Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • QB Help Center
  • Need help with pattern for this gorgeous fabric please >
  • Need help with pattern for this gorgeous fabric please

• Need help with pattern for this gorgeous fabric please

Old 05-02-2013, 08:52 PM

Default Need help with pattern for this gorgeous fabric please

I have tried 4 times to insert a pix but ea. time it says it failed. Very frustrating. What am I doing wrong? I stopped trying to add pix a long time ago because of this problem. It can't be that difficult since so many pix are used but now I'm disgusted with myself. I can usually follow instructions very well but I sure can't figure this out. HELP!!!

I'm trying to show you a gorgeous fabric I found but now need ideas for patterns to use without drastically changing the beauty of the fabric once I have to start cutting it.

Pat
    Old 05-02-2013, 09:09 PM

is the pic to big? Try resizing it
    Old 05-02-2013, 11:29 PM

These might help you
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help...g-t166655.html

http://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help...s-t168819.html

Then we can see your beautiful fabric
    Old 05-03-2013, 06:03 PM

Pat, I appreciate your problem. For so long this posting picture thing plagued me too. But once I figured it out, I am having so much fun sharing. Here is what I learned to do:

Open "Paint" on your computer. Open the picture you want to attach. Drag it into the paint box and click on "image", then on "resize" and when the size boxes appear type in 25% in both places. Then click on the "apply" box. Then click on the tree icon above your message. The browse box will appear. Click on the picture, then click browse (making sure you are in computer mode). Now right click on the picture and it should say "Select" at the top. Click on "Select" and the numbers of pic will appear in browse box. Click on "Upload." If it doesn't say it failed then it is OK. If you have problems let me know.
    Old 05-04-2013, 01:49 AM

I struggled with pictures too until someone on the board gave me instructions that I could understand. If you send me your email address I would send the instructions to you. Ellie (aka sewellie)
    Originally Posted by kitsykeel
    Pat, I appreciate your problem. For so long this posting picture thing plagued me too. But once I figured it out, I am having so much fun sharing. Here is what I learned to do:

Open "Paint" on your computer. Open the picture you want to attach. Drag it into the paint box and click on "image", then on "resize" and when the size boxes appear type in 25% in both places. Then click on the "apply" box. Then click on the tree icon above your message. The browse box will appear. Click on the picture, then click browse (making sure you are in computer mode). Now right click on the picture and it should say "Select" at the top. Click on "Select" and the numbers of pic will appear in browse box. Click on "Upload." If it doesn't say it failed then it is OK. If you have problems let me know.
    Old 05-04-2013, 03:28 AM

Do you have the name of the fabric from the selvage? I use paint to resize too.
    Old 05-04-2013, 08:51 AM

Email the picture to yourself. Save that copy on your desktop. Choose that version to post, then delete it.

I struggled so long to resize photos, and because I didn't use the information very often, I forgot how. You never forget how to email yourself a picture.

Hope this helps.
    Old 05-04-2013, 05:37 PM

Well, without seeing the fabric, a suggestion could be maybe a snowball or attic windows quilt. They have large enough areas to show off a fabric. There are lots more, but those two come to mind right now.
    Old 05-05-2013, 12:52 PM

I had a lot of problems doing pictures, but I found that you have to be logged in in order to see the "tree" icon just above the quick reply or the posting box. Try this and then it will let you browse your picture file and select the one you want to post. There are ways with most photo programs to reduce the pixel size of your picture so it will not take up so much space or time to post.