Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Best fabric scissors? >
  • Best fabric scissors?

• Best fabric scissors?

Old 04-10-2016, 03:47 PM

For many years I had a pair of those classic, polished steel, shears...I think that they were made by Gingher, but I can't be certain. They were good, although they needed sharpening from time to time, but I lost them when I moved. In a pinch, bought a couple of inexpensive, "Perfect Scissors by Karen Kay Buckley," and I've never looked back. I have the large purple ones and the smaller, lime green ones. They both have micro-serrated blades that grab the fabric as you cut into it. They're also extremely light and so easy to use. PLUS, I'm left-handed and these shears can be used with either hand...nice. I've had both pairs for several years now and they're still very sharp. I love them!

~ Cindy
    Old 04-11-2016, 09:20 PM

I have read that a little known fact that Fiskar Scissors also have a lifetime warranty and will sharpen and repair them also. Not sure if this is true or not, but if they bought out Ginger's then I assume it is true. Time will tell. Recently my son bought me a pair of 8" Ginger's which I love so much that I turned around and bought a pair of Ginger Thread Snips. I love both the scissors and the snips! I will recommend Ginger's every time!
    Jeri
    Old 04-13-2016, 11:24 AM

Fiskars does have great cs and I have no doubt they would repair a broken pair. I don't think they offer free sharpening though. I'm sure they would be happy to sell us all a sharpener-they sell several different types.
    Old 04-13-2016, 01:58 PM

I bought my Ginghers on sale at JoAnn Fabrics, I love them. I do keep them in my quilting room unless I am using them.
    Old 04-13-2016, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2
    I bought my Ginghers in 80s and 90s. Never have needed them to be sharpen yet.
    Same here Maniac. And I bought mine half priced at JoAnns. I don't know if they do that much now, I haven't needed any more so I haven't paid any attention.
    Old 05-30-2016, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by NJ Quilter
    I'm using Firefox w/adblocker and still get the clickable links. This started a bit ago here for me. Don't have that situation with other sites I visit via Firefox.
    I discovered this-it is an ad company and you can opt out here: http://www.viglink.com/opt-out/

No links anymore.
    Old 05-30-2016, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by gale
    Is it just me or is the word "scissors" in the title clickable, and leads to ebay? Is it the board (I've never had this happen anywhere else) or do I have some kind of malware on my computer?
    If this annoys you can go to www.viglink.com/opt-out/ and click the disable button.