Newbies challenge

Old 04-27-2010, 09:56 PM
Power Poster

Please send tkhooper a PM letting her know that you would either like to be adopted, or that you would like to adopt someone :D:D:D
You can also include what you would like to learn as well as what you are willing to teach.
Then she can add you on to this site to get matched up :D:D:D

Thank You!!!

http://www.quiltingboard.com/group_a...jsp?gracnum=30
Old 04-28-2010, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by tkhooper
NEWBIE UP FOR ADOPTION: Definitely need guidance. I want to become a world famous Art Quilter. Ok maybe just learn how to put on a border...
Did you make the dragonfly piece shown in your profile? I would love to learn how to do that - it looks so difficult! And you're a beginner??
Old 04-29-2010, 06:11 AM

Welcome all new quilters;
I have a sampler project where I am working with my students blocl by block, and answering any questions you have. Please feel free to jump on board anytime. This is a great project for anyone wanting to explore piecing different blocks. The link is below, hope to see you there :)

"Mom"

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-39554-1.htm
Old 04-29-2010, 10:16 AM

Hi I am Shirley and would love to have a mentor. I am in the Southern part of the US.

Known as Quiltbaby.
Old 04-30-2010, 05:05 PM

I would like to help but Idon't quilt on my domestic, I have a long arm. But will try to find some vidos on the web for you.
Marilee
Old 05-02-2010, 11:03 AM

I am up for adoption.. any takers...need a mommy/daddy...grandmother/grandfather...sister/brother...help!
Old 05-02-2010, 03:03 PM

Ask away if we can help we will. I am a mommy,aunt and grandmother. lol Jolo
Old 05-03-2010, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by Kyiav10
Hello, I have been quilting since the summer of 2007. I have completed a few quilts but have lots to learn. I have never mitered corners, FMQ'd or paperpieced. I definately need to learn the last as some of my nieces quilt will be so. I would love to help out anyone.

Maybe we can have a verteran, a middle of the road person and a newbie all together b/c I know there are a lot of us who fall in middle of the road.

I machine piece and hand quilt. My name is Michele, let me know if anyone wants to pair up!

Kyia
Hi, Kyia. I,too am sort of a "middle of the road" quilter even tho I have been at it for about 5 years. I still question so many things,and need help from a more knowledgable quilter. I really have a hard time in choosing and using colers. HELP!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-03-2010, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by Kyiav10
Hello, I have been quilting since the summer of 2007. I have completed a few quilts but have lots to learn. I have never mitered corners, FMQ'd or paperpieced. I definately need to learn the last as some of my nieces quilt will be so. I would love to help out anyone.

Maybe we can have a verteran, a middle of the road person and a newbie all together b/c I know there are a lot of us who fall in middle of the road.

I machine piece and hand quilt. My name is Michele, let me know if anyone wants to pair up!

Kyia
Hi, Kyia. I,too am sort of a "middle of the road" quilter even tho I have been at it for about 5 years. I still question so many things,and need help from a more knowledgable quilter. I really have a hard time in choosing and using colors. HELP!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-03-2010, 12:45 PM

I'll join in - I could use some help on choosing colors and how on earth do you miter bindings????? I can offer my skills at strip piecing, hand and machine applique and a couple of sew as you go techniques......

Anything I learn I can also pass along to my adoptee Anglgrl who is undertaking the challenge of hand applique!