Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
1st prize for idiot of the year >

1st prize for idiot of the year

1st prize for idiot of the year

Old 05-03-2010, 09:57 PM

Yep! We all have a case of the funnies at times. I grabbed the can of disinfectant spray instead of the basting spray. When I realized it wasn't sticking, I thought I hadn't shook the can long enough. I went through that process three times before realizing what can I had. Didn't even realize the difference in the smell. DUH!

Halo
Old 05-03-2010, 11:34 PM
Banned

I am so sorry, I am glad you got it out. God bless. Penny
Old 05-04-2010, 03:16 AM

Originally Posted by piffle
Why is your starch can near your hair spray can anyway? LOL I have done things like putting things in the frig that belong in the restroom, Hehe, so we all do these giggly things because we have so many quilting want to, must do, on our minds.
Well, since we're going to go there, I suppose I can confess to these: I've sprayed my hair with Lysol spray.

Then there was the time I found a 4-roll pack of toilet paper in the fridge. My first thought was "Where did I put the milk?" Yep, you got it. It was in the bathroom closet....sour.
Old 05-04-2010, 04:26 AM

Originally Posted by jraff
Many a morning AFTER a late night of sewing, I've grabbed the lip liner pencil instead of the black eye liner pencil and just started in on my eye.....

It tends to bring out the red eyes immediately
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 05-04-2010, 05:02 AM

Great minds ,I was just thinking if we all could get together to sew,we would do nothing but roll on the floor laughing till the tears started flooding the house, and how many boxes of kleenex it would take for each of us. cant u just see it Jolo
Old 05-04-2010, 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by Pollyv9
I just won! Got up early this morning ready to finish two graduation quilts. Needed to finish the applique on border and quilt one and add the binding and label to the other.

Well, went to work on the border. Needed to starch and press a portion I had just free motion embroidered, and guess what! I picked up the spray baste! Gave it a good heavy spray before I noticed which can I had in my hand! Have you ever tried to wash that stuff out! Not easy! I think I got it all. Sure don't want to redo the whole border. Takes over an hour to do. You can bet I will remember to put the spray baste back where it belongs from now on. Not on the ironing board!
I picked up a can of spray paint one time, when I thought I had canned air!! I was so fortunate I had not actually sprayed on my sewing machine, but I have the marks on my floor and table that remind me of how close I came to ruining my Bernina!
Old 05-04-2010, 07:18 AM

My goodness! I am trying to think of something other than the things that have happened here already! So many mishaps, funny or not at the time, only thing I can recall doing was putting Brill Creme on my toothbrush one morning years ago and what a gosh awful taste that was! One thing I can say about that was... It was a real "mouth watering" experience! So from then on I kept the toothpaste tube in the cup with the brushes!!

Sorry about the mishap Polly! Happy that it came out and you are able to continue on to finish up!
Old 05-04-2010, 08:57 AM

:lol: now that i have done to much to talk about.
Old 05-04-2010, 09:14 AM

Bah so sorry. I think we have all been there with an "oh my goodness what have I done moment" Very glad that you got it out though!!
Old 05-04-2010, 09:41 AM

I just love this group!!! Since my sons or all men now I can only laugh at my self. An to have friends like here isn't it the best every.!