Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
If I could do it over again I'd---- >

If I could do it over again I'd----

If I could do it over again I'd----

Old 05-19-2010, 01:25 PM
Power Poster

It is easy to be wise now. I think that we all get ups and downs no matter what. Hard to know what I would change.
Old 05-19-2010, 04:45 PM

If I had a do-over to marry DH? I would in a heart beat! It is our 35th anniversary this week.
Old 05-19-2010, 07:27 PM

Congratulations on your 35th anniversary! I had a friend tell me today, "If we make it until tomorrow, we'll be married 43 years." LOL
Old 05-19-2010, 08:29 PM

My Beloved Grandmother used to tell me, "I'd rather regret what I did, than what I did NOT do".

That was 40 years ago. She has been gone since I was 16 y/o, but I don't think I ever forgot a word she said to me.
Old 05-19-2010, 09:17 PM

I made up my mind while I was in my 30's to take the trip I had always wanted. My husband said those kind of things are for when you retire. I told him there is no guarantee we would ever make retirement and I wanted to do it while I was young enough to really enjoy it. Money was not the problem; he just wasn’t interested in doing it. I wanted him to go, but he wouldn’t budge, so I went to Australia on my own and had a great time. I always had wanted to snorkel on the Great Barrier Reef and it was all that I had dreamed it to be.

After I had returned, we were at his great aunt’s home and I was talking about the trip. His aunt said to my husband, “you know you have relatives there don’t you.” I’m now in my 60’s and have been to Australia four times. I am now his Australian relative’s cousin and he’s just my husband in their eyes. LOL No regrets!.
Old 05-20-2010, 10:08 AM

If I could change anything, I would have spent more time just having fun with my kids instead of wearing myself out and spending that time trying to have the cleanest house, and proving I was the best housekeeper/wife in the neighborhood. When I was young, a woman's esteeme was wrapped up in these things. I watched my daughter spend what time she had doing fun things with her kids and I envied her. She didn't have that much free time as she was a teacher and four little ones close together. Other than that, my life has been wonderful and I wouldn't change that.
Old 05-20-2010, 01:28 PM

I truly regret not being a diary or journal keeper over all the 21 years we traveled while my husband was in the Air Force. We saw so many great things and made so many wonderful friends. Memories fade with the years and I don't want to forget any of it.
Old 05-21-2010, 09:30 AM
Banned

I thought about this for a while, there are some things I would have done different. I would not have changed having my first son at 17. he is what turned my life around, and stopped me from becoming an alcoholic like the rest of my siblings. I had a abusive childhood because of alcohol. I would have continued nursing. I worked full time so every spare minute was for my three boys. I would have changed taking a little time for me. I would have taking quilting classes when I had money, I would of bought my house when I was 23. then maybe I would not have lost it. I would not have injured myself and becoming disabled. I would have taking time in life to learn to like myself. God bless. Penny
Old 05-21-2010, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by ctack2
I wouldn't go through all that again if I could! lol
Carol B
I heartily agree!!!
Old 05-26-2010, 05:03 AM

Originally Posted by penny doty
I would have taking time in life to learn to like myself. God bless. Penny
I agree with this.

That said, I would, if I could do it over, still rely on God for what I need, marry the same wonderful man and have the same kids, even though we don't agree on things, and I sometimes am worried over their choices. I'd rather measure my life by my relationships than things, so the possessions and money don't figure in here for me.