Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
I'm upset...he didn't like it >

I'm upset...he didn't like it

I'm upset...he didn't like it

Old 06-20-2010, 12:17 PM

I'm sorry he hurt your feelings. Take your quilt back. You put a lot of work into that difficult pattern to let it sit there and not be appreciated. Donate it to the Wounded Warriors project. Some Veteran will love the work you put into it and the patriotic colors.
Old 06-20-2010, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by taiboo
My husband felt REALLY bad about it and loved it] and today asked me if tomorrow he could go to my local LQS and buy me the accu-go that i have been waiting for July to get in order to receive my bday discount my lqs offers...LOL...I had to fess up that i already bought it online for almost $100 cheaper LOL and it will be here on Tues. OPPPS
DH should take a drive to your dads and "confess" that he really loves the wallhanging and that you put sooomuch work into it, and that he will take it off his hands for nothing....
pick it up and leave. that should have him thinking.
My dad is 93 and has never and never will appreciate things I do for him. Tonight I am driving 2 hours to be there to take him for a Dr, appt tomorrow at 8am. while there I will clean his house listen to him complain about how I did it. I just shrug it off and do what has to be done. We moved 2 hrs away so my other siblings in his area would take part in czring for him. I am still the only one putting miles on my car.
So just shrug it off and put the hurt aside and move on to another piece.
Old 06-20-2010, 12:46 PM

More hugs for you! How sad that he wasn't appreciative! You did a beautiful job and I personally believe it is very patriotic! Keep up the good work, just don't give it to him...
Old 06-20-2010, 12:59 PM

You have got to be kidding me??????? That is an wonderful quilt, very well quilted & points are alltogether! First time you quilt, well let me tell you something...You did beautifully!
Old 06-20-2010, 01:01 PM

It's a beautiful quilt, maybe he just had a bad moment and he'll love it later. You did an excellent job and it's an excellent gift. Hugs!
Kind Regards,
MaryAnna
Old 06-20-2010, 01:04 PM

I like it. He should have at least said thank you. At the very least!
Old 06-20-2010, 01:07 PM

I know how you feel, had something like that happen, your quilt is georgeous, I would love to have it. :lol:
Old 06-20-2010, 01:10 PM

He must have been having a really bad day.
It's a super nice hanging and there are lots of people who would be proud to own it. Sorry your first attempt will have so much pain attached to it. Don't give up! I really like your choice of materials, you're going to make many nice quilts.
Old 06-20-2010, 01:14 PM

It is wonderful.

As a mother I totally love anything that my children take the time to make for me.

Our daughter gave DH a ceramic scenic piece (train on a track) which she made in school (she is 9) and he was totally over the moon... he will treasure it forever.

Hand made items have a value greater than money as the hold all the love that went into them!

I am so sorry that your father did not see the love that comes from your gift, he in the one with a problem... certainly not you! If it were me, I would treasure it.

Hugs

Caroline
Old 06-20-2010, 01:16 PM

Sew sorry that your Dad is that way. My Dad never shows any appreciation either. I am the only one in the family who has any contact with him. He is in a VA hospital. On my last visit, he had a small lap quilt on his bed that had been given to him by some organization. He bragged on it. I have never seen him with any of the things I have given him over the years. It can be very discouraging. I continue to make quilts and give them to those who at least say "Thank you!