My DH hurt my feelings.

Old 06-22-2010, 05:49 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Originally Posted by Gramof6
I thought I would post again & tell you what my Dad says about my Mom's quilting. LOL She has picked it up again after a 40 yr break from it. I am so loving watching her with todays tool's & gadgets. LOL

Dad: "Why are you making all these quilts? We have Central heat! Are we in for a Arctic blast this year where we will lose power? We can buy blankets cheaper at WalMart! Why do we need so many quilts? Why go back in time with todays blankets & comforters on the shelves in the stores so cheap? There is no way we can use all of these quilts you are making!" And on & on he goes. But Mom just makes a face at him and keeps on making quilts. LMBO She says it keeps her from doing illegal things like strangling him. LOL Dad just does NOT GET IT! It is good for my Mom to sew & quilt. Seriously. I think it is healthy for her. Otherwise she would sit like he does in front of the TV & do nothing. Her mind & memory is sharper than his! LOL
Thank you so much, I love your story about your folks. That was cute. I hope you always remember this to tell you own children.
I tell my family that I quilt so that I can keep loving them. Plus I want to see the kids grow up and have kids of their own some day.
Thanks Carrie
Old 06-22-2010, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Thank you to all of you. Usually when DH is joking he will say so but he was serious. The lady that he compared me too is someone I like and would like to be friends but she has multiple personalities so I don't hang out with her. I'm not an emotional woman but this hit a nerve with me. Sure I am a crazy quilting lady, I love it just like he loves fishing and sports but I don't criticise him for that. Oh well I just won't talk to him about my hobbies anymore, especially the quilting.
I see you have a fisherman too! He frequently says something about all my fabric but it is okay for him to have 97 fishing poles, boxes and boxes of lures and several boats. I totally get you. Wish some of us lived closer to you so could hug you in person.
Old 06-22-2010, 07:01 PM

A friend of mine diagnosed the whole problem...some guys just have an overdose of MIG...Male Idiot Gene. Now when any of our male acquaintances do/say something stupid like your DHs remark, we just look at each other and say MIG!

Would that make a female stupid remark or action a FIG???
Old 06-22-2010, 07:07 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

You all are cracking me up now.
Old 06-22-2010, 07:46 PM

Well I agree that you should put the quilt up for a bit till your not so angry with him to finish it up. Believe me...open conversation is key in a marriage. And one thing I've learned thru the years....men say things but don't mean it like it may sound. They are not complicated creatures...lol. Give him a chance...haha.
Old 06-24-2010, 03:15 AM

Originally Posted by erstan947
I learned a long time ago (married 45 year to same man) that it is not his job to make me happy. It is my job to make me happy. I am happy!
Exactly!
2 quilts my husband has made a comment about, on his own..they were "good", or "cool". and it tickled me.

So i say,shake it off. and get on with your day! be happy!!!
Old 06-24-2010, 03:31 AM

you know its funny...mine is like that. Guess it must just be a guy thing! He can sit there and go on for hours about this pump and that blade and things I have NO idea what they are and I'm supposed to sit there and be interested BUT let me pull out something I'm working on and his eyes glaze over! I'm sorry yours said that but hey we have each other right? Quilters unite!
Old 06-24-2010, 03:35 AM

I know how you feel my dh can sometimes be like that but I still love him and just think of ways I can pay him back ( mawhaaaa, evil laugh here). Is till make him things and when he gets the he tells me how much they mean to him NOW he will actually ask me to make him stuff, he learned after the first couple of opps to appreciate what I do and I in turn show him my appreciation for his support.
Old 06-24-2010, 04:00 AM
Banned

I thought they were all that way!!!!!! You should have known to show it to us instead of him! Well now I sure hope you have learned your lesson!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Hes good for mowing the yard!!! :thumbup:
Old 06-24-2010, 04:04 AM

I agree, sit down and tell him that what he said hurt your feelings. Holding it inside from him only prolongs your hurt feelings. Put aside his quilt for now. He needs to know that what he said hurt your feelings. I have a feeling he does know....if he is like my husband.... he knows when to back off for a while until I am feeling better. Confront him and tell him how it made you feel.