Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
UFO Challenge of the Month 2010 >

UFO Challenge of the Month 2010

UFO Challenge of the Month 2010

Old 07-02-2010, 03:21 PM

I'm relatively new to the board and just saw this thread. I've got a UFO I've been working on and hope to finish this month.

I call it the "bird" quilt. I started it in 2008 and put it away because it's not my typical colors. I usually work with brights and novelties and this is muted dark colors so it's taken me a while to get back to it.

I hope to finish it this month, so some motivation and encouragement would be great!
Old 07-02-2010, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by quiltswapqueen
I'm relatively new to the board and just saw this thread. I've got a UFO I've been working on and hope to finish this month.

I call it the "bird" quilt. I started it in 2008 and put it away because it's not my typical colors. I usually work with brights and novelties and this is muted dark colors so it's taken me a while to get back to it.

I hope to finish it this month, so some motivation and encouragement would be great!
That is perfect for a UFO. Can you show some pics of your progress? Sounds interesting.
Old 07-02-2010, 09:40 PM

Once, years ago, I unpacked all my UFOs which had been collecting in the closet. Started in October, and by December had completed a NICE hand-made gift for everyone in my family. They were amazed I'd completed all those projects that year. (I did tell them I'd started them earlier than that year, just not how much earlier!) I was GREAT to get my space back, the peace of mind of completed projects, and very happy family - all from UFO's...also, money was pretty tight at the time, and these did not require much financially...just my heart and hands. SO, I just want to send an encouraging..."get 'er done" msg...you'll be glad you did.
Old 07-06-2010, 06:40 PM

I have at least 5 quilts to make...material and patterns are together in baggies...so off to make the first one! Glad for the kick in the hiney...lol... guess I needed that!
Old 07-07-2010, 05:56 AM

I finally finished one! (I know, not one a month, just one...)
I did not get a finished picture of it, though. You will have to imagine a teal border on this, and machine quilted. My daughter snatched it away before I could get a pic!
:lol:

a 'hug' for my college student - replaces the 'blankie' I am saving at her request
[ATTACH=CONFIG]81450[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-81445.jpe
Views:	11
Size:	103.3 KB
ID:	81450  
Old 07-07-2010, 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by Quilt Mom
I finally finished one! (I know, not one a month, just one...)
I did not get a finished picture of it, though. You will have to imagine a teal border on this, and machine quilted. My daughter snatched it away before I could get a pic!
:lol:
I like that quilt. The colors are gorgeous. It's so cheerful. I can see why your daughter snatched it as quickly as she did.
Old 07-07-2010, 09:39 AM

love that quilt.
Old 07-08-2010, 09:15 AM

Very pretty and a great way to use a large print fabric.
Old 07-09-2010, 05:02 AM

Ok. I just found this topic. I love it. I have many UFOs. Iwould love to join in if that's ok. It's a little late but better late than never, right? :lol: For July I am almost done with a kingsize log cabin top. I can't decide how to quilt. I think the FMQ will be too hard and don't really want to spend the money to have it quilted by someone and know I will not get it done within this century by handquilting. Decisions, decisions. All I like is the borders.
Old 07-09-2010, 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by quilter53
Ok. I just found this topic. I love it. I have many UFOs. Iwould love to join in if that's ok. It's a little late but better late than never, right? :lol: For July I am almost done with a kingsize log cabin top. I can't decide how to quilt. I think the FMQ will be too hard and don't really want to spend the money to have it quilted by someone and know I will not get it done within this century by handquilting. Decisions, decisions. All I like is the borders.
I'm still learning all "initials" for everything on here still...What does, "FMQ" mean? (I'm a relatively new quilter, please forgive my ignorance.)
:-)