Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Friendship Swap 2.0  Sign-Ups Closed.-Please Read my Notes Pg 136 & 137 >

Boomerang Friendship Swap 2.0 Sign-Ups Closed.-Please Read my Notes Pg 136 & 137

Boomerang Friendship Swap 2.0 Sign-Ups Closed.-Please Read my Notes Pg 136 & 137

Old 07-10-2010, 12:31 PM

I just received a double Z block from Sandiannie

thanks!!! I love it!!
Old 07-10-2010, 12:34 PM

Ok April!! This my thoughts on the boomerang! First I want to say how much I appreciate all the beautiful blocks and the wonderful ladies that made them!
I think 24 or 26 blocks will make a beautiful quilt with sashing and borders!! I would not want to have a set backgroud color..especially white or cream as I have 4 black/brown dogs and a cat. UUCCCKKKKYYY...would be awful hair everywhere on those colors.
I don't think breaking it down any further would be reasonable. It would mean loads of extra work for you(April). And I don't see that as a positive thing. You have to much to deal with now.(Life, job, swap etc...) If you do break into groups, each group would need a co- hostess to help you out! Nancy has graciously offered to do so!!
Ok! Said my piece for now!! I'll get to finishing all the boom blocks I have and get them out of here Monday!! Oh...one more thing: I have learned from this swap that I am to picky and about what goes with what and what it will look like...on and on! That is part of the reason I am here at the last rushing about doing duplicate blocks. :-(
Old 07-10-2010, 12:39 PM

Oh one more thing...The cost for mailing is getting higher. Stinks that is it is with the bad service you get from the post office. I even put insurance on Salmonsweets block so at least if they killed it they would have to pay for the fabric!
Old 07-10-2010, 12:54 PM

I'm back in! With 4 months for the swap, I feel much better about it. I'm hoping my health with hold out and I can go OUT OF TOWN in October. Would be a thrill for me! Friends have asked me to vacation with them for a week, I'm so hoping I'll be allowed to go.

I can do any quantity. The 36 wasn't the issue for me, it was the scramble to do them when I was sick. I absolutely love this swap and am not sure I could do without it. I know my dh would miss going to the mailbox for me, looking for squishies. I have made sooo many good friends in this swap.

Okay, Count me in! I have a lovely purple/gold/green on cream fabric to swap (in case you want to check your stash) that I can't wait to see what you do with.

Hugs,
MJ
Old 07-10-2010, 02:14 PM

No squishies today. :cry: I know several of you have said they're in the mail, but they must be hitching a ride on a turtle to get here. Maybe Monday??

About 3.0 - I appreciate everyone's input on this. I'd decided that I wouldn't be able to do 3.0 because after doing so many swaps this past year, I now have blocks ready for 12 tops! I'm a one-at-a-time kind of quilter so it's becoming a little overwhelming for me to have them stacking up. With all of these ready to put together and a stash that's outgrowing its available space, I'd decided I would only sew from my stash this coming year. No more swaps. But, oh, with the extended time-frame . . . it is so tempting! This swap has been the most fun of any I've done! I already have fabric I can use from my stash for F8s . . . . What do I do??? :| :|
Old 07-10-2010, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by sew cornie
No squishies today. :cry: I know several of you have said they're in the mail, but they must be hitching a ride on a turtle to get here. Maybe Monday??

About 3.0 - I appreciate everyone's input on this. I'd decided that I wouldn't be able to do 3.0 because after doing so many swaps this past year, I now have blocks ready for 12 tops! I'm a one-at-a-time kind of quilter so it's becoming a little overwhelming for me to have them stacking up. With all of these ready to put together and a stash that's outgrowing its available space, I'd decided I would only sew from my stash this coming year. No more swaps. But, oh, with the extended time-frame . . . it is so tempting! This swap has been the most fun of any I've done! I already have fabric I can use from my stash for F8s . . . . What do I do??? :| :|
You join :-) Almost all quilters have some kind of excessive stash and blocks and WIPS.
Kimberly
Old 07-10-2010, 02:41 PM

:twisted: Sewcornie you know you really, really want to play!!!LOL!! :lol: :lol:
Old 07-10-2010, 02:55 PM

Hey Sewcornie here is what you can do. April has said it will be the end of month before she starts sign ups for 3.0 right, Well then you have time to get one or two of those sets you have piled up and into tops right, you already have the fabric for 3 so if you can get to tops made you will still be 1 less when you end 3.0 than when you started so you will still be making progress right. Thats my reasoning, I'm sticking to it...
Muriel
Old 07-10-2010, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by AkAngel
Hey Sewcornie here is what you can do. April has said it will be the end of month before she starts sign ups for 3.0 right, Well then you have time to get one or two of those sets you have piled up and into tops right, you already have the fabric for 3 so if you can get to tops made you will still be 1 less when you end 3.0 than when you started so you will still be making progress right. Thats my reasoning, I'm sticking to it...
Muriel

Huh?? :shock: :shock: :shock:

I'm trying to follow you, but think I got lost somewhere along the way. Regardless, you put up a convincing argument, even if I am confused by it. LOL. I do so much want to play. I'm thinking . . . . So glad we don't have to commit right away.
Old 07-10-2010, 03:18 PM

If you have enough blocks from all the swaps now to make 12 tops and you put 2 tops together before we begin Rd3 you will be down to 10, Then after the end of Rd 3 back to 11 which still means you have gained ground by 1 at the end
Clear as mud right. Ofcourse that is also considering you don't sign up for more swaps in that period...lol
Join the Quilter Swap Addiction, when is the next 12 step meeting, I'll be absent...
Muriel