Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Friendship Swap 2.0  Sign-Ups Closed.-Please Read my Notes Pg 136 & 137 >

Boomerang Friendship Swap 2.0 Sign-Ups Closed.-Please Read my Notes Pg 136 & 137

Boomerang Friendship Swap 2.0 Sign-Ups Closed.-Please Read my Notes Pg 136 & 137

Old 07-12-2010, 10:10 PM

I used a similar method, only when the f8th's arrived I usually checked out the fabric and tried to pick the fabrics to go with it (sometimes I changed before it was made) and generally returned them to their envelopes til I worked on them. I have some of those stackibles you get at Joann's and I have a set that has the 3 stackible drawers about 12x12 in.
In one went the f8ths's aa they came in and I # the envelopes so I know what order and I really tried to make and return them pretty close to that order, one or two stumped me and I would have to leave it a bit and come back to it but for the most part that is how I made them. In a 2nd one went the blocks as I received them and I would mark them off the spread April made us. and in the 3rd one I kept my tools and if I had already cut the block it went in a baggie and in that drawer as the one I was working on. I also put my return labels and stamped all my envelopes and they went in the stackible.This made it really handy and convenient for me right now being I've been using the dining room table, that way things were pretty well together and if I needed to clear the table for family dinners or something I just moved the one 3 drawer stackible unit. I love these stackibles and use them a lot. I am going to a 4 day Quilt Fest in Sept. and I am signed up for a different project/workshop each day, I am putting all my fabrics and supply's for that days workshop in a different color stackible this will make them easy to carry so far (its over 300 miles) plus it will be easy to just grab the one I need for that day and go.
Muriel
Old 07-13-2010, 01:00 AM

Sue,
I used the same method as Odessa. It makes all the difference in the world, and the fabrics don't run awry.
Old 07-13-2010, 02:31 AM

Also who has the black material with green vines running thru it.
Sue[/quote]

The black with the vines is mine Sue.
Old 07-13-2010, 03:23 AM

I got these blocks in the mail....
I love them both!! Thanks so much!

I am only waiting on blocks from:
Aadvark
CJTmama
CollettaKay
KBunn
NancyInLoisiana
NorBanaQuilts
Odessa
Sandianne
Suedonnie
SugarPumkin
and of Course... Krazy4Quilts - Which I Dont expect

I know some are on the way!! Thanks everyone!
It is really exciting to be recieving blocks again!! I went through a period where I wasnt getting any in the mail and now.... I cant wait for the mail to come!!
I have really enjoyed this swap!!
Lisa

Made by Mosher
[ATTACH=CONFIG]77838[/ATTACH]

Made by AkAngel
[ATTACH=CONFIG]77839[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-77833.jpe
Views:	11
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	77838   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-77834.jpe
Views:	11
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	77839  
Old 07-13-2010, 04:29 AM

Oh odessa, I am so sorry you received the wrong block. That means someone else got the wrong one as well. I did send them out all at once and worked on them two at a time so I guess I can see how it happened. I did read your method and I will try it for the next round if allowed in. I procrastinated to long and was under the gun so that is why I did two at a time. I thought I was diligent about getting them back to their rightful owners but I guess I wasn't. Once again I am sorry. I do hope whoever got your block will forward it onto you. If I can find out who that was I will compensate you both for your troubles. Once again I am sorry for the mix up.
Old 07-13-2010, 04:40 AM

Originally Posted by mosher92
Oh odessa, I am so sorry you received the wrong block. That means someone else got the wrong one as well. I did send them out all at once and worked on them two at a time so I guess I can see how it happened. I did read your method and I will try it for the next round if allowed in. I procrastinated to long and was under the gun so that is why I did two at a time. I thought I was diligent about getting them back to their rightful owners but I guess I wasn't. Once again I am sorry. I do hope whoever got your block will forward it onto you. If I can find out who that was I will compensate you both for your troubles. Once again I am sorry for the mix up.
Do not fret! I am sure it will work itself out and we all make mistakes. There is no reason you can not do the next one-you are completing your swap commitment and with beautiful work. There is no fretting allowed in this swap only fun lol
I received a beautiful block from you and I love it-thank you it goes fabulous with the rest!
Hugs
April
Old 07-13-2010, 05:26 AM

Originally Posted by mosher92
It's not a problem; I'll just make sure to send it along to its rightful home, once I find out where it goes. Which fabric was the focus? I was guessing the "mod floral", but I could be wrong (none of these fabrics were F8s that I had received). If I know that information, then I can take a pic of just that material (don't want to spoil the surprise of what the block looks like) and post it. The block is a beauty, by the way. Wherever it goes, it will definitely be loved!

Also, did you get the block I sent to you yet? I somehow have it marked that I did not mail it to you, but I'm pretty sure I did.

Don't fret! It's all going to be terrific in the end!
Old 07-13-2010, 07:24 AM

The pink fabric looks like one I sent out but can't be possitive unless Mosher can verify it as the f8th fabric.
Muriel
Old 07-13-2010, 07:44 AM

Hooray!! Squishy from Mosher!!

This is my updated list:

Awaiting Confirmation of Receipt of YOUR block FROM me:
~Nancy in Louisiana - Mailed 4/26/10
~Aardvarq - Mailed 5/3/10
~cjt_mama - Mailed 5/8/10
~Mosher92 - Mailed 7/6/10

Waiting for MY blocks FROM:
~aardvarq
~cjt_mama
~Kbunn
~Nancy in Lousiana
~NorBanaquilts
~OdessaQuilts
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-77773.jpe
Views:	30
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	77778  
Old 07-13-2010, 09:20 AM

When I got the f8's from each person I descibed the fabric on the envelope it came in. I then stored these envelopes. I only had to refer to them once but it was worth it.