Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
May 2010 Doll Quilt Swap (The Anniversary Swap!) >

May 2010 Doll Quilt Swap (The Anniversary Swap!)

May 2010 Doll Quilt Swap (The Anniversary Swap!)

Old 07-12-2010, 01:39 PM

Wow, Amma, sorry you lost a quilt!! That's so disappointing.

I am shocked people are sending May quilts in the middle of July!! Chele, you are the picture of PATIENCE!!!! Did everyone take a 2 month vacation or something???

Whew!!! :roll:
Old 07-12-2010, 08:57 PM

Aren't the little quilts showing up now the replacements for quilts lost or ones who needed Angels to send them for the ones who didn't send back a quilt after getting one from their partners? Sometimes life happens and one gets too many things on their plates to finish in time. I'm all for ones that let their partners know they will be late and then go ahead and finish them. Personally, I've had times when I thought I could do a little quilt quickly and early and finally get it done at the last days of the month. I am in total sympathy with the ones who are late getting their quilts done. Better late, than not at all.
Old 07-13-2010, 08:55 AM

Silence from the partner, does not make the sender happy. I have had to finally contact my partner & offer to make another one as she apparently did not get my mail. Than get an answer "oh yah that did come a while back & I laid it down somewhere" What did I do wrong!!!!!!!Nothing, or if I did ,at least let me know. There I have vented for the day.
Old 07-13-2010, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by FAYE
Silence from the partner, does not make the sender happy. I have had to finally contact my partner & offer to make another one as she apparently did not get my mail. Than get an answer "oh yah that did come a while back & I laid it down somewhere" What did I do wrong!!!!!!!Nothing, or if I did ,at least let me know. There I have vented for the day.
How very, very sad! :cry: :cry: :cry: My heart goes out to you! It's hard enough to send a piece of yourself to a total stranger, but then for them not to even acknowledge your work. Tisk-tisk!! {{{ hugs and more hugs }}}
Old 07-13-2010, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Grama Lehr
How very, very sad! :cry: :cry: :cry: My heart goes out to you! It's hard enough to send a piece of yourself to a total stranger, but then for them not to even acknowledge your work. Tisk-tisk!! {{{ hugs and more hugs }}}
I AGREE !!!!! The LEAST one can do is to tell someone that they got the quilt and 'thank you.' You poured yourself into the little quilt, and they can't take the time to write a little note on the computer to let you know they got it??!!! SHAME ON THEM!!!!
It's not like the old way of having to find a note card or piece of paper, a pen or pencil, envelope, and the dreaded stamp and sit down and write the note and then somehow get it in the mail. If someone doesn't respond to letting you know they got the quilt, they shouldn't be in the swap. Did they send you one???
Old 07-13-2010, 12:44 PM

My similar experience 3 times since winter. I sent, they did not. I received Angel quilts all 3 times, yes, but what about the person who was supposed to be my PARTNER? No communications, no "Sorry I'm Going to Be Late" message, no late quilt. It's totally not pleasant when you sign up expecting your partner to be as committed to the swap as you are!! I had a partner who had a very hard time one month, and I was patiently waiting for her. No problem since she stayed in touch. Then she stopped communicating all together, and still no quilt. I felt dumped!!! Sorry...this is MY humble opinion. If someone signs up, then they have a COMMITMENT to their partner. It's bad manners.....excuse my directness!!! :roll:

OK....I've waited a long time to get this off my chest. Yes, life happens. But guess what....other people have the same difficulties and make it happen, and it is NOT an excuse to ignore your partner's hurt feelings!!!! Thanks for letting me vent.
Old 07-13-2010, 01:01 PM

Be sure and let Chele know the names of the ones that receive and don't give. She needs to know about them. Then maybe she can pair them up and they will be even.
Old 07-13-2010, 01:04 PM

jljack, {{{ hugs to you too! }}}
It really hurts when these swaps are a one way street. 8-)
Old 07-13-2010, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by Janis
Be sure and let Chele know the names of the ones that receive and don't give. She needs to know about them. Then maybe she can pair them up and they will be even.
That would be the best!! Make them partner with each other!!! LOL LOL

Yes, Chele knows the names. She bans the ones who don't send.
Old 07-13-2010, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by Grama Lehr
jljack, {{{ hugs to you too! }}}
It really hurts when these swaps are a one way street. 8-)
Thanks, Grama. It feels bad when someone DUMPS you!!! Especially when I make them a nice little quilt and get it sent on time. Then nothing in return, except maybe an acknowledgement that they got it. I am optimistic that I'll get wonderful partners from now on. I could be really nasty and name names, but I won't do that. Like we all know, life happens, and I would prefer to think that they are just oblivious to the way they made me feel, rather than just careless and uncaring!! :roll: