Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Friendship Swap 2.0  Sign-Ups Closed.-Please Read my Notes Pg 136 & 137 >

Boomerang Friendship Swap 2.0 Sign-Ups Closed.-Please Read my Notes Pg 136 & 137

Boomerang Friendship Swap 2.0 Sign-Ups Closed.-Please Read my Notes Pg 136 & 137

Old 07-15-2010, 04:46 PM

I have received F8 from cjt_mama and returned her block.
Old 07-15-2010, 05:15 PM

I got five squishes ... yes ... that's right ... I hit the motherload baby!!!

WOW ... I love them ... I can't wait to make a blanket for me and the hubby ... I am so glad I came up with another idea for my sister's quilt because there is NO WAY I'm letting these babies out of my site or house ...

OdessaQuailts
[IMG]http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t...essaQuilts.jpg[/IMG]

NorBanaquilts
[IMG]http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t...Banaquilts.jpg[/IMG]

Mosher92
[IMG]http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t...15Mosher92.jpg[/IMG]

Purplemem
[IMG]http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t...5Purplemem.jpg[/IMG]

Karen
[IMG]http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t.../0715Karen.jpg[/IMG]

I love LOVE love them all ... I'm so impressed with the sewing skills of this group ...

I SO want to participate in the next swap ... but not sure I can ... still thinking on it ...

Thanks everyone :D I appreciate you all sending me such lovely works of art :)
Old 07-15-2010, 05:25 PM

Here is my collage of all that I've received so far :)

[IMG]http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t...e_07152010.jpg[/IMG]
Old 07-15-2010, 06:53 PM

I received a wonderful block from NorBanaquilts today. I love the beautiful orange in the block! Thank you!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-76296.jpe
Views:	47
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	76301  
Old 07-15-2010, 07:10 PM

oooh, those are so pretty. I didn't make it to the Post Office today so maybe tomorrow I'll have a new pretty.
Muriel
Old 07-15-2010, 09:48 PM

I am still waiting on the following blocks to arrive:
Aardvarq
cjt_mama (F8 and block)
collettakay
Karen
kbunn
krazy4quilts (not expecting anything; has anyone heard any news????)
LovingIzabella
Mosher92
Nancy in Louisiana
Sandiannie
Sugarpumpkin

I understand that some of these are en route; I can't wait to see them all. I will have the most beautiful quilt! And this one is for me ('bout time!).

April, thanks again for bringing us this swap and for hosting it again. You've not had the best health the past few months, and you just keep plugging along. You are truly an inspiration to all of us. As soon as I get your block done this weekend, it will be in the mail. I've got some other stuff to come with it; I hope you and Izabella enjoy what I'm sending.

For anyone who is facing health issues and having difficulty getting a block out, do not stress. Just let us know how you're doing and get the blocks done when you can. We're a very understanding group, but it's the not knowing that frustrates us all.

Happy weekend everyone,

Odessa
Old 07-16-2010, 03:21 AM

I received blocks from
Karen
Norbanaquilts
Mosher

Still waiting on blocks from:
Aardvarq
Colletakay
Kbunn
Lovingizabella
Oddessaquilts
cjtmama (no fat8 or block)

Will be sending blocks soon to:
Aardvarq jancat
AKangel kbunn
buddysmom neome
craftsbyrobin rere

That should do it! If I am missing anyone please let me know!! Thanks and happy sewing!!!
Sue
Old 07-16-2010, 03:45 AM

Originally Posted by OdessaQuilts

April, thanks again for bringing us this swap and for hosting it again. You've not had the best health the past few months, and you just keep plugging along. You are truly an inspiration to all of us. As soon as I get your block done this weekend, it will be in the mail. I've got some other stuff to come with it; I hope you and Izabella enjoy what I'm sending.

For anyone who is facing health issues and having difficulty getting a block out, do not stress. Just let us know how you're doing and get the blocks done when you can. We're a very understanding group, but it's the not knowing that frustrates us all.

Happy weekend everyone,

Odessa
Thank you Odessa for your kind words :-) I have never seen myself as an inspiration to anyone and that brings tears to my eyes to think that you see me that way. I look at this swap as my way of staying linked to the world and sane lol It helps to have something to look forward to when you hurt :-) I am sure Izabella & I will love what you send our way-your thoughtfulness and generosity has always touched our hearts :-)

As for your second point you are correct. We are an understanding group and do not mind the wait-we just need updates as the not knowing is hard.

CJT told me she is working on blocks but I do not know when she will get them out.

I have tried numerous numerous times to get in touch with Krazy with no luck. All I can do at this point is hope she is okay and that maybe she or someone in her family will at some point be able to answer and let us know she is ok.

I have blocks going home today to:

Aardvarq
Mosher
Sandiannie
Suedonnie
Odessa
Mish

The other ones for Sugarpumpkin, Robin, Oatw13, mistiliz, Kathy N. & CJT will be out by Monday (sorry for the delay ladies I did not expect to get so far behind with Izabella's surgery and my own health issues!)

I will not be starting signups for the next round until the end of this month as I want to try and make sure as many blocks make it home as possible.

I thank you all again for your dedication and your beautiful work. Being a part of this swap with you all means so very much to me and I am so happy to have made the friends I have made through it!

Hugs
April
Old 07-16-2010, 10:04 AM

April-
I got your gorgeous block today! I love the salmon and green colors you chose to go with the block, so pretty!

If I don't find a camera soon I will RENT one!

Hugs,
MJ
Old 07-16-2010, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by purplemem
April-
I got your gorgeous block today! I love the salmon and green colors you chose to go with the block, so pretty!

If I don't find a camera soon I will RENT one!

Hugs,
MJ
MJ I am so glad you like it-I love how the colors came together in it!
LOLOL Rent a camera-not a bad plan I feel that way sometimes too-only if they promise it comes with an unending supply of batteries :-P
I can post a picture of it for you if you want-I take pictures of all my blocks before I send them out :-) (if I can find my camera lmao)
Hugs
April