Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
My Postage Stamp WIP >

My Postage Stamp WIP

My Postage Stamp WIP

Old 07-18-2010, 05:00 AM

My vote is for black as well. I think it would give the eye a finishing point and not distract from the body of the quilt.
Old 07-18-2010, 06:38 AM

Narrow inner border of red and wider outer border in black. It is really nice project. Show it when you get it finished.
Old 07-18-2010, 06:58 AM

Black is a great choice.....it will pop for sure
Old 07-18-2010, 07:03 AM

I have often thought of doing exactly what you're doing...you are so smart to organize your scraps that way. You've inspired me to take action with my scraps. Beautiful quilt in the making and my vote is for red borders!!!
Old 07-18-2010, 07:09 AM

That's a beautiful quilt you have in the works! It's going to be great when you get it done. I was studying it and that third block from the right on the top row looks like you snuck in a little patterned block into it. Nice touch to be able to find something unexpected like that in the top! The whole thing is a feast for the eyes, you just keep roaming your eyes over it.
Old 07-18-2010, 08:37 AM

You are doing a great job, saving time and thread while making a very nice quilt. The blue popped out at me as I looked at the quilt. No matter what you use to border it, the color will finish this quilt.
Old 07-18-2010, 11:03 AM

This is what I'm doing with the hundreds of fabric swatches I got from Keepsake Quilting, although those are 1 1/2" so the squares are finishing to only one inch. Actually it'll be even less than one inch because the swatches aren't all 1 1/2"! It'll be awhile before I finish all the squares, but I'm in no hurry.

Originally Posted by dettonlisas
Thanks Pab58,
It is really more simple than it looks. I just cut all of my scraps down to 2" squares and them sew them into 4 patches as leaders and enders, then I sew those 4 patches into 4 patches or 16 patches and then I sew those 16 patches into 64 patches.... ALL OF THEM are Leaders and Enders, so I'm constantly working on my Postage Stamp Quilt as I sewing! Its Great!
Lisa
Old 07-18-2010, 11:13 AM

My daughter wants me to make her a postage stamp quilt. I have told her "No Way". I don't have the patience to complete it. Maybe if I try your method, I might get one finished. We will see.
Old 07-18-2010, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by intoquilting
My daughter wants me to make her a postage stamp quilt. I have told her "No Way". I don't have the patience to complete it. Maybe if I try your method, I might get one finished. We will see.
My way makes it go sooooo fast and it SAVES so much thread! I dont have all of those long thread tales to cut off my blocks! I love it!! Give it a try! The best part is looking at it upclose! There are Christmas Fabrics next to Sports Fabric next to Princess Fabric next to Solids next to Easter Fabric ect.... But when You look back all you see is one big Quilt! It is great remembering all of the quilts that I made!!
Old 07-18-2010, 12:48 PM

If it were my quilt, I would sew a narrow bright blue border on the top and then a wider black border. I think that would look smashing!!