Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
PHOTOS - IRR II Group 7 "Design Divas" Pictures >

PHOTOS - IRR II Group 7 "Design Divas" Pictures

PHOTOS - IRR II Group 7 "Design Divas" Pictures

Old 07-20-2010, 08:57 AM

Did Iluv2quilt have to drop out? Haven't seen that pretty quilt since the second border was added.(It was getting so pretty)
Old 07-20-2010, 09:42 AM

The quilt Mareliba just added the border to is getting prettier, and prettier with every new addition. You guys do awesome work.
Old 07-20-2010, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by M.I.Late
Did Iluv2quilt have to drop out? Haven't seen that pretty quilt since the second border was added.(It was getting so pretty)
Iluv2quilt did have to drop due to circumstances beyond her control. As a group, we decided to continue her top around and it is being worked on along with the others. This IRR meant so much to her and we felt that providing her with a completed top would be a nice gift for her. For the other tops, several of us within our group are acting as substitutes in her place, so that each top will get its complete rounds. We miss her and wish her all the best.
Old 07-20-2010, 04:03 PM

guess i missed when iluv2quilt had to drop--i wish her all the best and will keep her in my prayers
Old 07-20-2010, 04:11 PM

I would love to have the pattern. Very unique! All you gals do such beautiful work. Mary

Originally Posted by LoriJ
Originally Posted by k3n
Lori that is stunning, how d'you do that? Nosy ppl have to know! :shock: :lol:
Well..... the pattern was supposed to be strip pieced, but with the little buggers being only 1/4 inch finished, I wasn't having much luck, so I converted it into a paper piecing pattern and did each pie wedge separately, then sewed together. The circle is appliqued onto the squre background, then you are supposed to trim the under layer, but I'll leave it for now for extra strength through all the handling. Once it's back, I'll cut it out to reduce the bulk in the center circle.

Using the PP method made everything MUCH simpler. I've got the pattern for three sizes (this one is the smallest) if anyone is interested. You need a wedge ruler.
Old 07-20-2010, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by chewboo
guess i missed when iluv2quilt had to drop--i wish her all the best and will keep her in my prayers
Thank you, chewboo. I'm sure she'd really appreciate that.
Old 07-21-2010, 04:11 AM

http://www.swdecoratives.com/proddetail.php?prod=110111
Mary, Here's the link to the pattern. Have fun!!
Lori

Originally Posted by Mary M
I would love to have the pattern. Very unique! All you gals do such beautiful work. Mary

Originally Posted by k3n
Well..... the pattern was supposed to be strip pieced, but with the little buggers being only 1/4 inch finished, I wasn't having much luck, so I converted it into a paper piecing pattern and did each pie wedge separately, then sewed together. The circle is appliqued onto the squre background, then you are supposed to trim the under layer, but I'll leave it for now for extra strength through all the handling. Once it's back, I'll cut it out to reduce the bulk in the center circle.

Using the PP method made everything MUCH simpler. I've got the pattern for three sizes (this one is the smallest) if anyone is interested. You need a wedge ruler.
Old 07-21-2010, 07:26 AM

Thank you Lori, Mary

Lori

Originally Posted by k3n

Old 07-21-2010, 07:26 AM

Thank you Lori, Mary

Lori

Originally Posted by k3n

Old 07-21-2010, 06:50 PM
Power Poster

Ladies...I'm doing something a little different for the last/final round on each quilt. Would you please post them in your normal "group" thread so we can all ooohhh and awwww over them...but also could you please post them here http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-54909-1.htm.

I'm trying to have a thread with JUST the quilt pics on it....not page after page of chatter...but would love to have a thread where everyone can see all the quilts without giving up looking due to the comments.

Group Point people...can you help me make sure they get posted on the "finished" thread...If I see one on a thread finished, I'll try to round them up to post, but I might miss one..so thanks. The thread IS in the virtual section.