Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Friendship Swap 2.0  Sign-Ups Closed.-Please Read my Notes Pg 136 & 137 >

Boomerang Friendship Swap 2.0 Sign-Ups Closed.-Please Read my Notes Pg 136 & 137

Boomerang Friendship Swap 2.0 Sign-Ups Closed.-Please Read my Notes Pg 136 & 137

Old 08-03-2010, 05:33 PM

Robin:
So glad you like it. Sorry it took so long but as my DH says good things come to those who wait...lol I can't beleive I am repeating that since everytime he says that I could throw something at him!!!!
Sue
Old 08-03-2010, 06:00 PM

Hi All and thank you for all the blocks! It will be awhile before I get them put them together though.

I am still waiting patiently for blocks from:
ardvarq
kbunn
ctj_mama
colletekay
Old 08-03-2010, 07:49 PM

April, just wanted to advise that Izabella's block (and a few other goodies) is on it's way home. I certainly hope that she likes what I made for her.

I actually have another idea to use the rest of the fabric you sent, but wanted to get that one out. If I can find the directions for what I want to do (can't recall where I laid them), I'll put it together and send it along. But I make no promises. I hope Izzy likes her block.

Have a terrific day!

(oh, and this ends the last of the blocks I need to send 'cuz I have no more F8's to work with here...........)
Old 08-05-2010, 11:35 AM

April,

Has Izzy's package arrived yet? I'm so anxious to hear what she thinks of it!

Odessa
Old 08-05-2010, 12:11 PM

Got a pretty block from Nancy in Louisiana, thank you so much! Will post pic when I locate my camera.

Still awaiting four more blocks:
Aardvarq
cjt_mama (never sent me her F8 either)
collettakay
KBunn
Old 08-06-2010, 02:11 PM

Hello everyone
I just wanted to see how people were finishing up here :-)

Odessa-THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! I got home from my doctor's appointment and there was only one thing in the mailbox-an envelope from you. I waited for Izabella to get home with daddy and we opened that envelope and OH What a wonderful surprise waited inside!!! You touched both of our hearts deeply with your beautiful and thoughtful gift! I have been a lover of "Tall Ships" all my life and the clippers have always been some of my favorites! For you to take the time to do the slideshow, design and make the block, send an amazing postcard and the fabulous fabulous passport-well we are speechless!! I almost want to keep the block for my own quilt but know it is just for Izzy lol

You truly outdid yourself on this and I can not thank you enough and Izabella loves her "big boat". She said mommy I love this one-it is bigger than daddy's and when it goes in my quilt I will have it forever!

With tears in my eyes I thank you for the gift you have sent. I am going to print the slideshow out on to transfer fabric and incorporate it into Izzy's quilt.

Again I thank you my friend-you went above and beyond making a block for Izabella and we will always remember that!

I had to get on here and thank you...but I am off to take a picture of the block now and will post asap!

Thank you again from both of us-there really are no words for the generosity you have shown us.

We love you!

And I thank everyone else again as well. We love each and every block that has come home (and each and every one of you) and they will all have a very special place in not only our hearts but our quilts and our home. Thank you for swapping with us and making this swap such an awesome experience for myself and Izabella!

Hugs
April
Old 08-06-2010, 02:30 PM

Oh, April, I am so touched by your kind words. I really enjoyed making that block for your big girl. This has been a rough week for me, as my boss didn't "survive" the primary in his quest to become the next Judge in our County. I have had zero mental energy when I get home, and just have so much to do here. I told our billings clerk that I would love to just go home and cry, knowing it would be so cathartic, but I just haven't had the energy. But your words did it. It was a good cry -- happy tears. Somehow you just knew the right message to convey to me.

My DH wanted to know why I was joining in 3.0, knowing I have all these blocks now and have not set them together yet. I told him it's because I've got "nose trouble" ... I can't possibly miss a single one because you've made it such an enjoyable experience for me. I love the creativity I get from it, both in creating blocks for others and in what I get back. It's really a labor of love for me and I wouldn't miss it for the world!

Thank you again for bringing this to us here. I'm having such fun with this swap!

Anxiously awaiting the list for 3.0!

Odessa
Old 08-06-2010, 07:41 PM

Hi April, nice to see you on here today. Hope you're feeling well. Looking forward to the pictures of Odessa's gift - oh, the suspense! LOL.

Update - I'm awaiting blocks from:
aarvarq
cjt_mama
Kbunn
krazy

No hurry here. Plenty of blocks from other swaps to put together still. Thanks again for doing this!
Old 08-07-2010, 05:18 AM

RuhRoh!! It looks like I removed the driver for my USB drive :-( I will have to ask hubby if he can fix it and I will upload pictures as soon as I can connect my camera to the laptop.....guess I shouldn't have removed so much when cleaning up my laptop lololol.
Hubby always tells me he loves when non-technical people start cleaning their computers teeheeee Guess it is a good thing he is my local IT guy lol

Sew Cornie
Do not look for anything from Krazy I am not even sure if all is okay with her. Have tried numerous attempts to contact with no luck.
aardvarq is working on them and so is Kbunn. Cjt also said she is working on hers...
Hugs
April
Hugs
April
Old 08-07-2010, 07:59 AM

April, almost forgot to ask you .... what did the Doctor say?????