Newbies challenge

Old 08-10-2010, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by laurac
i'm anewbie. i don't think i'd be much fun to adopt right now though. i'm pretty distracted with a brand new grandbaby. he's 4 days old and i'm at their house helping get things of to a good start. then when i go home, i'll have my parents, in poor health, and my son's family, still looking for a house, sharing my house and time. oh, then there's work...
i do have a question and you guys say no questions are stupid...i downloaded some free stencil designs, i've got a chalk pencil, now how do i get the design to the quilt top?
can you get ahold of template making grid. I usually use this and gently use my exacto knife and trace the paper pattern under it to cut the first lines (be sure to keep a copy of your original pattern) then I widen the lines a bit (enough to fit my marker) (fine point fons & porter marking pencil) and then lay that on the top and trace.
Old 08-10-2010, 06:28 PM

If there is someone out there that still needs to be adopted, I'd be willing to be a "mommy" or "buddy". I'm fairly new to the forum, but I've been quilting for about 7 years. I've made a number of quilts, mostly for my family, but also for other people. I love seeing a quilt come together and can help with the basics. I do applique and have done some paperpiecing (not my favorite!). I can help with FMQ and long arm quilting. If anyone is interested, PM me.
Old 08-11-2010, 05:39 AM

Originally Posted by sylviak
If there is someone out there that still needs to be adopted, I'd be willing to be a "mommy" or "buddy". I'm fairly new to the forum, but I've been quilting for about 7 years. I've made a number of quilts, mostly for my family, but also for other people. I love seeing a quilt come together and can help with the basics. I do applique and have done some paperpiecing (not my favorite!). I can help with FMQ and long arm quilting. If anyone is interested, PM me.
ME me me, I posted on here when I first joined and still have had no one ot 'adopt' me. :( I even PM'd the lady that started this topic and still have had no one to adopt me.
I am fairly new to quilting 'again' mu grandmother quilted and taught me how YEARS ago. I am just now really getting into making the quilts m yself. I could use LOTS of help and advice from time to time.
Let me know okay?
thnaks.
Old 08-11-2010, 06:34 AM

Laquita, I would be happy to adopt you. I am not too proficient on the pc but if I can answer your questions I will. I do needleturn applique, paperpiecing and patchwork by hand and machine. I hand quilt. I have been quilting all my life, my mother and aunt quilted before me. I love the old fashioned way to do things and love teaching newbies. I have adopted Ilovejunkandstuff. she comes to my house and we have a ball. Where do you live . I am in Antlers Ok. email [email protected]
Old 08-11-2010, 09:16 AM

irenemac I'll keep you under my wing every tuesday at class.
Old 08-11-2010, 02:09 PM

pstoner,I'd be happy to adopt you. I have made a lot of different types of quilts. I have a long arm, so I can help you with that. I've done some pictoral quilts...one for my grandson when he was 9 and caught his first fish. I ordered a beautiful kit with fall scenery, but haven't had a chance to get started on it. I'm not real good at paper piecing, but I'm improving! I can help you get started and we can "improve" together. I live on a farm in southern Oklahoma about 3 mi from the Red River and not far from Denison, TX. PM me if you are interested!
Old 08-12-2010, 03:11 AM

I am a newbie here, but have quilted for years. Will adopt someone if I can be of help. Ada Gene
Old 08-12-2010, 04:56 AM

This adoption thing sounds great. I had a very good friend that started helping me learn to quilt, but sadly she is no longer with us. I put quilting aside for far too many years and have just decided to pick it back up. I am truly a beginner, lost in a mass of fabric, pins, and ?????'s. HELP!!!!!!!!
Old 08-12-2010, 05:06 AM

Kj.just yell all us mothers are here, we need to help.lol
Old 08-12-2010, 08:28 AM

You have all the desired elements for a quilt-a-holic.#Or fabricolic.
I am already a buddy But for amusement go to my firends site for a good laugh. Most of the ladies are beginners from 1 week to began last october. Put in search Angie quilts. and press go. it is a blog site.
Originally Posted by kjunbaker
This adoption thing sounds great. I had a very good friend that started helping me learn to quilt, but sadly she is no longer with us. I put quilting aside for far too many years and have just decided to pick it back up. I am truly a beginner, lost in a mass of fabric, pins, and ?????'s. HELP!!!!!!!!