Project Runway day

Old 08-20-2010, 02:39 AM

Originally Posted by dellareya
I think I love watching Austin and Santino just to see the quilt stores they sew in. Tonight I so focused on the quilt BEHIND them when they were talking, I forgot the listen to the plot! Has anyone here ever visited any of these shops?
They came to my home town, Antlers Oklahoma. They did not do the quilt shop justice, the shop is huge and has lots of fabric. They only showed like two short clips. I think they need an hour long show or more.
Old 08-20-2010, 05:28 AM

I love to watch Project Runway, too. Last night, I just couldn't see what the judges were seeing in the winner. I can't remember his name, but his model's hat was that huge red thing that came down over her eyes. The judges kept raving about his dress, but it looked to me like fabric draped over the model with the decorative braid-stuff holding it around her torso. Like they used to do at frat parties. Maybe the television cameras didn't do it justice, or my 'taste level' just isn't there.
Old 08-20-2010, 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by renee765
I love to watch Project Runway, too. Last night, I just couldn't see what the judges were seeing in the winner. I can't remember his name, but his model's hat was that huge red thing that came down over her eyes. The judges kept raving about his dress, but it looked to me like fabric draped over the model with the decorative braid-stuff holding it around her torso. Like they used to do at frat parties. Maybe the television cameras didn't do it justice, or my 'taste level' just isn't there.
I agree with you. I really thought when they called the models in that he was in the bottom 3!

I guess you never know about the judging.
Old 08-20-2010, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by katiebear1
Yeah, I like that show. I like most of the competion shows....Top Chef, Chopped, Hell's Kitchen, etc. Can't stand the "reality" shows Jerseylicious, the Bachelor etc.
Ditto...I love Santino and Scarlett...they are such a hoot!
Old 08-20-2010, 08:48 AM

Love it and have watched it from the beginning...it almost makes me want to sew clothes again!
Old 08-20-2010, 12:15 PM
Power Poster

I really like this show. I never pick the winner. Usually my winner is in the bottom 3. I like to doodle what I think I would design following their task. I have never seen a runway show where I would wear anything from it. Honestly in my town a person wearing such fashion would cause a laugh riot. Not many high society or red carpet events going on.
Old 08-21-2010, 04:12 AM

Love the show - sometimes it is a little far-out - the HATS?? Give me a break!! I liked Anthony the last season - I wonder what he is doing now.
Old 08-21-2010, 05:18 AM

I am addicted to this program. The imagination of the designers is awsome. Some are a little far out but then again that is imagination. I watch the reruns when they are on. It also gives color combination ideas. Enjoy
Old 08-21-2010, 05:18 AM

I am addicted to this program. The imagination of the designers is awsome. Some are a little far out but then again that is imagination. I watch the reruns when they are on. It also gives color combination ideas. Enjoy
Old 08-21-2010, 06:01 AM

never miss it, and if I do, I watch in on line @Lifetime.com they have helped me learn to think outside the box I would love to meet Tim Gunn and Michael Korse (sp)