Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
August Secret pal swap * Sign ups closed >

August Secret pal swap * Sign ups closed

August Secret pal swap * Sign ups closed

Old 08-31-2010, 02:29 PM

I quit shipping priority to my MIL when my postmaster told me that first class and priority would take the same amount of time to reach her location. She lives out in the middle of "nowhere" Oklahoma. Sometimes it comes down to location, location, location.

I find it far harder waiting to hear if my pal received their package. For me (like many others here), that part is as much fun or more, than receiving one myself. I like to give a smile and hope to make a new friend. Unfortunately, not everyone has the same priorities and I wish there was some way to "fix" that part of it. One of the greatest parts of the swap is seeing the joy people get from their gifts and I hope that will continue.
Old 08-31-2010, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by lab fairy
I find it far harder waiting to hear if my pal received their package. For me (like many others here), that part is as much fun or more, than receiving one myself. I like to give a smile and hope to make a new friend. Unfortunately, not everyone has the same priorities and I wish there was some way to "fix" that part of it. One of the greatest parts of the swap is seeing the joy people get from their gifts and I hope that will continue.
I feel the same way. It all about the giving isn't it?
:)
Old 08-31-2010, 08:08 PM

Me too. I am not nearly as worried about getting as I am about making sure mine has been "got".

I just don't want to be that person that someone is waiting on to hear if a package has arrived. Several on the board were posting that their SP had not responded after receiving a package. Since we don't know who are SP sender is, that person might be one of us and the package was nabbed by someone else so we don't know we should have already received it. (My mailbox is right by the street, so anyone walking by could reach in and grab my mail. It makes me a bit nervous when I know I am getting a package!)
Old 08-31-2010, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by MistyMarie
Me too. I am not nearly as worried about getting as I am about making sure mine has been "got".

I just don't want to be that person that someone is waiting on to hear if a package has arrived. Several on the board were posting that their SP had not responded after receiving a package. Since we don't know who are SP sender is, that person might be one of us and the package was nabbed by someone else so we don't know we should have already received it. (My mailbox is right by the street, so anyone walking by could reach in and grab my mail. It makes me a bit nervous when I know I am getting a package!)
Maybe the solution is for it not to be a secret swap. But then again....that will take out some of the fun!
Old 09-01-2010, 04:24 AM

Sorry that some of you swappers didnt get your gift, but I got TWO! It is obvious by the letter that the second one was not meant for me. I have pm'd coordinator and sender and as soon as we determine who it was meant for, it will be on its way. So someone who thinks they got stiffed will still have something coming. Mix ups happen! Hopefully we can figure it out soon and let some unhappy swapper know they have something coming! I peeked in the box and whoever it is, you are going to like it!
Old 09-01-2010, 05:36 AM

Here is my squishy I received from mainegirl....beautiful charm pack (moda)a flower Yoyo maker and appliques with heat-n-bond she cut from her die machine, snowflakes, pine trees, pumpkins and oak leaves....thank you very much my new friend.

sorry had trouble downloading pic.....will try again..
Old 09-01-2010, 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by sally's girl
Here is my squishy I received from mainegirl....beautiful charm pack (moda)a flower Yoyo maker and appliques with heat-n-bond she cut from her die machine, snowflakes, pine trees, pumpkins and oak leaves....thank you very much my new friend.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-108663.jpe
Views:	44
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	108668  
Old 09-01-2010, 09:37 AM

Well today is Sept.1st still no package from my SP.Now I am wondering if I should sign up for Sept swap or not????
I am happy that everyone got packages and they was very nice to look at on here.I sorry for the ones like me that didn't get anything.Maybe next month.
I am done stalking the mail lady now.
Old 09-01-2010, 10:15 AM

I still don't know if my SP got her's. I guess now that it is Sept. I will ask...sewnmom7 did you get your package and I just missed it? Hope everything is ok.
Old 09-01-2010, 10:41 AM

I received my package today 9-1 from Cindy (cindle)
Love everything I received. I got fons and porter baby quilts I don't have any baby quilt books love it, pack straight pins, seam ripper, Thimble-it, 2 yr planner, and Hershey's Bliss candy.
Thanks Cindy
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-108729.jpe
Views:	44
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	108734