Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Not Chubby Chicks, but same problem! >

Not Chubby Chicks, but same problem!

Not Chubby Chicks, but same problem!

Old 09-08-2010, 10:03 AM

Its very lovely and has givn me another idea for a quilt.
Old 09-08-2010, 11:25 AM

Did you say it is a Buggy Barn pattern? I love their patterns cause everything in there is cockeyed and crooked and crazy! I made one with weird stars for my grandson and he loved it. From my experience.....children love us and like knowing we are not so "perfect" cause then they don't have to be either. I love your quilt and can't wait to see it finished.
Old 09-08-2010, 11:59 AM

My very first quilt class was a wonky star quilt using the Buggy Barn method (just did't know it was called that back then). The instructor told the class to forget all the quilting rules they knew because this method broke them all. But I was a brand new beginner, so had no rules to forget! Since I'd only sown garments, I cut out my first big wonky star with the right sides of the fabric together - my first big mistake!

I agree with so many others here. Your quilt is so cute! You've put a lot of work into it so far, You and your son will be happy when it is finished!

Originally Posted by gramqlts
Did you say it is a Buggy Barn pattern? I love their patterns cause everything in there is cockeyed and crooked and crazy! I made one with weird stars for my grandson and he loved it. From my experience.....children love us and like knowing we are not so "perfect" cause then they don't have to be either. I love your quilt and can't wait to see it finished.
Old 09-08-2010, 12:18 PM

Very cute!!
Old 09-08-2010, 12:57 PM
Kas

It is Crazy Sails from "Those Crazy Kids" and the triangles aren't really that wonky. The pics were from early on when I was trying to get is all sewn together. Next time I will get Thangles or something like that. It's just that they are 1/4 square, not 1/2 square triangles. They started out as 5 1/4" squares and then got cross cut twice. So more cuts to have more slightly different sizes. All those 1/16th of an inches really add up! And math is not my strongest skill. Ugh! But the good news is I only have a pile or two to clean off my table and then I can start wrestling triangles and pins and borders! I will get it sewn in the next week or so.
Old 09-08-2010, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by erstan947
Just bite the bullet, finish it and let you kid love it.! I think it is so cute. Lighten up. You should see some of the quilts my grandmother pieced. No points meet all points cut off. It still keeps me warm and I love them.
Absolutely! You've got nothing to worry about. What I love best about this quilt board is that EVERYTHING is OKAY. Having fun is far more important than perfection. I learned early as an artist that if something is too perfect it can lose some of it charm.
Old 09-08-2010, 01:09 PM

Oh my gosh!!! I LOVE that quilt (please tell me what pattern you used). I really think that the little bit off on some of the blocks just make it more fantastic. Finish it the best you possibly can and your child will also LOVE it!!!
Old 09-08-2010, 01:18 PM

your daughter will think its perfect because her mommy made it just for her......
Old 09-08-2010, 01:37 PM

I think this an adorable quilt, love the colors and you are doing a great job! I'm sure your 5-year-old is going to LOVE it!!
Old 09-08-2010, 02:20 PM
Power Poster

Its great!