Quilting Withdrawl

Old 09-14-2010, 09:03 AM

But you will love it when it is done!!
Old 09-14-2010, 09:06 AM

Yeah, I get a wee bit crabby! I don't like disorder, either.
Hang in there, it won't be forever!
Old 09-14-2010, 01:39 PM
Power Poster

I feel so bad for you. I work 12 hour days so those are non quilting days. I count the days til my day off.
Old 09-14-2010, 05:46 PM

Wouldn't it be nice if you could find a local group to sew with, say, once a week? Ask at your LQS. I did this and found a wonderful group of ladies who sew every Monday to make charity quilts and their own individual projects. That will give you a "sewing fix" while your home is being remodeled. When it's all done you will be so happy!
Old 09-16-2010, 03:23 AM

and NOW>>>>DH is out of town Thurs-Sat. Hmmmm....avoiding the project. Only thing I can help with is pulling carpet in the dining room and drag it outside. Oh well...just a little speed bump in the road of life.
Old 09-26-2010, 06:59 PM

DH came back and started working like a crazy man! He came back on the 19th and started right in on the project. We tore up all the flooring in kitchen, dining, living and hallway. He and I mean HE laid all the flooring himself. Found pergo at a super deal and it looks beautiful. Still living in a big mess but the dust is gone. Should be able to get the sewing machine out of hiding this week. Getting tired of redwork.

One thing leads to another so now we have to paint all the walls. It's way past time. Thinking about a light light brown with one accent wall a little darker.

I had to leave for four hours today so he would get more work done. I'm a distraction. Coffee...sit chat...plan more remodeling...etc.

Now I feel a little better since I know I'll be sewing within a week. Dont feel confident RE sewing until the kitchen island is done and that's probably a week or two until its done.

We're saving a ton of money by my husband doing all the work, so it's worth it.
Old 09-26-2010, 10:46 PM

Yes you are saving a fortune by your DH doing all of the work himself. You're very lucky that he can do things like this. You know that I am sure. LOL It will be so wonderful when completed. Take deep breaths and try not to sweat the little stuff. It'll all come together and you & your DH can really feel proud & enjoy it. Hope there will be before & after pics.

My DH has done so much remodeling to this house over the 20 yrs we have been in it. I really wish we had taken before pics.