Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Links and Resources
  • Do you have a Bendable Light for your sewing machines, embroidery machines, sergers? >
  • Do you have a Bendable Light for your sewing machines, embroidery machines, sergers?

• Do you have a Bendable Light for your sewing machines, embroidery machines, sergers?

Old 10-02-2010, 08:12 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by watterstide
    I bought a differnt brand name from Joanns..uses a sticky tape thing..it is a pain to use..it keeps coming out of the bracket and falling on the bed of the machine when i move the arm of it. the batteries are heavy maybe for it..and the clasp to hold it on the bracket, must be cheaply made.
    soooo i would love to get the one Bendable light to try it out!
    Ask Santa for one! These are powered by electricity and come with small clips to keep the wired out of your way. Becaus I now have three brackets on different machines, I can move mine to whichever machine I want to use. I bought a cheap one first, and it was money wasted.
    Old 10-02-2010, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by Lacelady
    Originally Posted by watterstide
    I bought a differnt brand name from Joanns..uses a sticky tape thing..it is a pain to use..it keeps coming out of the bracket and falling on the bed of the machine when i move the arm of it. the batteries are heavy maybe for it..and the clasp to hold it on the bracket, must be cheaply made.
    soooo i would love to get the one Bendable light to try it out!
    Ask Santa for one! These are powered by electricity and come with small clips to keep the wired out of your way. Becaus I now have three brackets on different machines, I can move mine to whichever machine I want to use. I bought a cheap one first, and it was money wasted.
    yep, money wasted for sure! thanks for the info though, i didn't realize the good one, was electric!
    Old 10-02-2010, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by wvdek
    Hey crafty, I don't have one yet, but I am wondering if the magnet will interfere with the computer on my machine? I have a little extra money I have saved up and want one of these. Hope I can get a good price. This 34.95 is'nt bad.
    My husband is an electrical engineer. I had the same concern about my magnetic pincushion. He said it was no problem. I think it used to be a problem because of the reel to reel tape that used to be used in computers, but don't quote me. Anyway, he has a master's degree and so I trust him to know.
    Old 10-02-2010, 02:54 PM

I have one bought it a few years ago when it came out at the Houston Quilt Fest, it works great but watch it gets HOT. I don't use it now as I have the new 830 Bernina and the light on that is wonderful!
    Old 10-02-2010, 03:30 PM
    Dkm

Yes I do and like it very much.

Thanks Crafty for all the info you send our way. Love looking at all the sites.
    Old 10-02-2010, 03:31 PM

I have one I use for my machines. Love it! And yes, sometimes it can seem a little "glarey" after a couple of hours. I just move it slightly to the side so the light is not so direct when it bugs me. Because even with a year old machine, the "new, brighter" LED light on it is useless! I can't tell if its on or not in the daytime. Also have trouble seeing the little "computer" window! If the bendable is on, the back wash of light is enough to make that visible, too. So even tho I think they're very expensive they really work for me! There are double sided sticky things that I think would work to attach the holder to another machine. I found I'd like more of the cord "hangers" though.

I don't know what makes them so expensive, but I'm sure glad I have one!
    Old 10-02-2010, 03:57 PM

I went to Harbor Freight and bought a set of 2, different sizes and I taped the small one to the back of my machine and it is wonderful for lighting the left side of the needle. I just swing it up and out of the way when it is not needed. It is perfect for sewing on dark fabrics.
    Old 10-02-2010, 06:58 PM

I have 1 that is electric also. I would not trade it for anything. At a quilt show, 1 of the vendors had 1 on her machine, however she wasn't selling them. When I came home, I told dh about it & he found an online site that had them for sale.
    Old 10-02-2010, 07:21 PM

Love it.Got it from Nancys Notions $39 Worth every penny.
    Old 10-03-2010, 07:16 AM

Ditto what everyone has said, mine came from Nanys also, had a 15% off coupon, worth every penny, even take to quilt class. Would hate to be without it.