Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight loss challenge with a prize.............Oct sign up >

Weight loss challenge with a prize.............Oct sign up

Weight loss challenge with a prize.............Oct sign up

Old 10-03-2010, 04:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by lauriejo
My guess would be that when you hit the loss plateau you are gaining some muscle, that will most definitely cause huge changes in your body shape but can actually make you gain weight.
But I haven't been exercis.ing so nothing turned into muscle and yet my shape has changed.
Old 10-03-2010, 04:40 PM
Banned

Has anyone seen Missy???????????? When she is not here a day or 2 I start to worry.
Old 10-03-2010, 05:50 PM

I spent the weekend at the cabin with my hubby. We got two very long walks in and rakes our yard and the neighbors. I can't weight to hop on the scale tomorrow morning. I really want to keep the momentum going!
Old 10-03-2010, 05:53 PM

Eegads, what a way to start this month. I was studying my Office Accounting and did something that I don't usually do because we don't usually have snacks in the house. I just polished off a half a bag of Snyders Cheese puff things! That is why we don't have snacks in the house!!!
DD bought these and I could not, no, did not want to stop they were so good. Oh well, there was nothing I wanted for dinner anyhow.
Now to try and get a game plan. I will be walking between classes tomorrow. I try to do that two to three times a week anyway. If raining, I won't as I cannot afford to slip on all the leaves that are down.
Old 10-03-2010, 06:20 PM

I allowed myself this one last day for junk food. Starting tomorrow diet time...
Old 10-03-2010, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Hey you all guess what? I decided to pull out an old t-shirt that I had put away 2 yrs. ago because it was way too tight and it fit very nicely. It is amazing how 25 or so lbs. can make a big difference in the size of the waste line and shoulders and chin and butt and ok I will stop. I am just so excited to finally take some of the weight off. It would be nice to lose another 5 or more this month. I don't care if I never win the FQ's as long as I continue to lose.
I pulled out a blouse that I used to wear that I love. I hung it on the front of my bedroom door, so that it is a daily reminder. My goal is to be able to wear it for Thanksgiving and then I chose another one that I hung it on my sewing room door that I want to be in for Christmas. I just want to keep losing also, but be able to keep it off and not backslide. Everyone have a fantastic week!
Old 10-03-2010, 06:31 PM

I put on a pair of pants that were WAY too tight.. they are baggy on me now :D
No, I have not lost a lot of weight but I'm losing really slow.
I prefer to measure my success by the way my clothes fit rather than the number displayed on the scale :D
Old 10-03-2010, 06:55 PM

I would like to join, sorry for being so late. I played the last two months but, sadly, I did terrible. I gained 10 pounds this month :( It hardly seems possible to gain that much but I did :( Too much stress this month and I resorted to eating too handle it. My kids all went back to school after 6 years of homeschooling them. They are all in private school which we can't afford and my son was diagnosed with learning problems, which is much better than what I thought he might have, but the waiting for the result and the hearing all this 'bad' stuff about him was difficult.

I feel miserable but I am going to pull it together and do better starting now.
Old 10-03-2010, 07:04 PM

gday, I would also be interested in this. Certainly would help to get me out exercising, (dirty word) Am I to late.
Couldn't get onto the site on the weekend, Site was down or something, tried several ways, even pm'd someone from the QB to see if they were having any trouble.

Also are the weights to be done in pounds or kg's?? doesn't matter i can do either. :) please let me join.
Old 10-03-2010, 07:40 PM
Dee

I must be on that plateau, as I can't lose even a lb. for a month now.