Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight loss challenge with a prize.............Oct sign up >

Weight loss challenge with a prize.............Oct sign up

Weight loss challenge with a prize.............Oct sign up

Old 10-03-2010, 07:54 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Originally Posted by trupeach1
Has anyone seen Missy???????????? When she is not here a day or 2 I start to worry.
I was wondering the same thing earlier today.
Old 10-03-2010, 08:11 PM

I should have read through the topic a bit better. I will have to start in November if it is gonna run again. :( :) i can get prepared for this month though. :)
Old 10-03-2010, 08:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Has anyone seen Missy???????????? When she is not here a day or 2 I start to worry.
I was wondering the same thing earlier today.
Maybe she is spending the weekend with Mike, you know she never comes up for air when she is with him. :lol: :lol: Or did she have a quilt in a quilt show and she was going to be there???
Old 10-03-2010, 08:14 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

well Tru whatever it is that Missy is doing I hope she is enjoying herself.
Old 10-03-2010, 10:40 PM

You all sound very motivated, thats great. I'm looking forward to having a good month. Not like last month with only 1 pound lost. Good luck to all and happy losing.
Old 10-04-2010, 03:27 AM

Originally Posted by fryguymoore
I would like to join, sorry for being so late. I played the last two months but, sadly, I did terrible. I gained 10 pounds this month :( It hardly seems possible to gain that much but I did :( Too much stress this month and I resorted to eating too handle it. My kids all went back to school after 6 years of homeschooling them. They are all in private school which we can't afford and my son was diagnosed with learning problems, which is much better than what I thought he might have, but the waiting for the result and the hearing all this 'bad' stuff about him was difficult.

I feel miserable but I am going to pull it together and do better starting now.
I am also a stress eater and I have put on 10 lbs in a month several times. That is the part I have to change. Food doesn't fix anything. but when stress hits, I totally lose control or sense.

I still remember the feelings of sadness and guilt I had when it was confirmed our oldest daughter had several learning disabilites. Well she is now a very responsible, self reliant adult, with a lot of common sense. She is getting ready to move into the house she just bought all on her own.
I will guarantee you though, over the years of worrying about a lot of things in the future that weren't in my control I gained a lot of my weight and all that excess food didn't change anything but my health and potentially cutting short my future.
Old 10-04-2010, 03:57 AM

A good weekend, even though went out to eat, I was able to control myself and eat a lot less. We went for a 6 mile bike ride and a mile walk with lots of steps and a swinging bridge. It was a very nice weekend. PS wore an outfit that I could comfortably wear in 3 years and it is too big in the pants. I keep sewing things in but will have to resort to new clothes soon.
Old 10-04-2010, 07:05 AM

It's so incouraging to hear of the people who's cloths are getting to big,or are fitting into their skinnier cloths. Keep it up. I wonder how much we have all lost combined in the last 3 months or so. I know just in my home between my Mother,husband and myself we have lost over 100lbs.

Yes where is Missy I've been missing her cheery posts. I hope everything is ok with her.
Old 10-04-2010, 07:33 AM
Banned

I am waiting for my new scale. It is digital was reduced to $9.99 with free shipping. MSRP was almost $60 so it has to be better then the old one I have that was a dial and somdays it was - a lb others it was + a lb. or 2.

Where is Missy???????? The last time she wasn't around for a few days she was on vacation. If she not around by Wed I will call her.
Old 10-04-2010, 08:20 AM

Ok, I know you're not suppose to weight but once a week but I have been weighing daily because we have to weigh my mother because of Congestive Heart Failure.... I have GAINED 3 lbs!!!! hmmm.. acourding to my food diary... Wed. sorta stayed on program till hit the road to Texas...late night hamburger 1/2 gal. High sugar iced coffee....driving all night...Thurs...sleep deprived traveling... drank my calories :(...not good....cinamon roll, egg mcmuffin, slept till late evening... hit the road home...drive all night.... sleep most of Friday.... don't remember eatting... Satuday was pretty good till went to all you can eat buffet :( but soooo yummy....Sunday....skip breakfast but had coffee and a piece of cake at church.... burrito for lunch.... small group.... chamomile tea and homemade muffins yummy.... pluss my gallbladder has hurt me most of the weekend.. hummmm maybe that's why I gained and not lose... W
Well this is a new week and I am not going to munch on animal crackers or drink high sugar coffee and I'm not going to be up for 48 with little sleep... :D
I off to a new start.

sorry this is so long but I just wanted to let ya'll in on what my life has been like for only 4 days and how sleep affects our weight.