Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
~~~ IRR3~~~ Group 13~~~ Northern Lights >

~~~ IRR3~~~ Group 13~~~ Northern Lights

~~~ IRR3~~~ Group 13~~~ Northern Lights

Old 09-29-2010, 01:34 PM

Gwyn.... Your Center came ToDAy!!! :D
and I'm doing the happy dance. The fabric that I thought might make the perfect border DOES :D.

Oh and Thank you for the little note card... my favorite creation (butterflies) and the miniture of your center... too perfect.... I may have to put a tiny border around it too :)

Also, thank you for the owl panel... I keep losing the lard off my body and I've heard that if you lose it slow it won't come back as easily. I've already decided to use that panel for next year's IRR :D I'll have to cut the red border off to stay within size regulations of the IRR .... or I could just take the other owls and applique them on a black back ground... have to think about this... use a glitter background.... Wait... Leota get back to this years IRR ....focus girl focus ... ha ha
Old 09-29-2010, 03:34 PM

Leota: I thought the 'extra' owls were designed to applique over the printed panel, with a little batting to create a 3-D effect. What ever you do, it will be beautiful. Congratulations on your weight loss. Slow, steady and sustainable changes last the longest and don't risk your health in the process. Have a great day, Gwyn

PS The center I was watching for arrived while I was gone, but I opened the envelope yesterday. Must get started thinking. I put it on my wall so I don't lose it. You know me...the queen of the lost quilt pieces. Sigh
Old 10-04-2010, 05:27 PM

Gwyn,
I have put the border on your little bunny house. If you don't like it I'll redo it. I'm posting a picture of it.
I haven't squared it up yet.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-90276.jpe
Views:	91
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	90281  
Old 10-04-2010, 10:04 PM

Leota: Your border is absolutely perfect. Don't change anything. I love it just the way it is. Thank you so much for adding to my center and getting my round robin quilt off to such a wonderful start. :) :) :) :)
Old 10-05-2010, 10:38 AM

Loeta, that fabric is fabulous. What a great choice.
Old 10-05-2010, 12:34 PM

Absolutely PERFECT Leota...
Old 10-05-2010, 04:25 PM

whewwww.... Now to square it up and it will be ready for sending out on Nov. 1. :D
Old 10-07-2010, 07:58 AM

Just letting you all know I still haven't received star's center.
However, I have been waiting on a parcel sent from Georgia on September 9th and I still don't have it...
It's usually pretty quick to send to Canada, but from Canada takes long... I guess this time it was the opposite!
Old 10-07-2010, 08:13 AM

just poking in here from group 9 . . . Leota, your fabric looks like it was made just for Gwyn's center. Nice choice!
Old 10-07-2010, 08:57 AM

Last year my center was lost in the mail for 6 weeks. I sent a second center so the group wouldn't be impacted so hard. The second center arrived in two days. A few days later the first center arrived. We were overjoyed and it was my first center sent along its way.

Now that little wayward center is lost in a post office in Spain (along with another center she has made friends with).

Don't lose heart. These centers take on a life all their own. They even develop personalities. One hint I learned last year was to always mail in a priority box when sending internationally. But even that doesn't always work.

Also ladies, if you send internationally, fold the quilt top inside out - so the loose seams and threads are showing. Place the quilt - ugly side out, in a plastic bag and tape it shut. Then put the quilt into the box and tape it shut. On the customs form, register it as fabric scraps (which it is - they are fabric scraps stitched together). Then put a value of 10-20 dollars on the form. This will cancel or at least reduce the customs charge.