Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
International RR III     Group 9 Traveling Threads >

International RR III Group 9 Traveling Threads

International RR III Group 9 Traveling Threads

Old 10-08-2010, 04:50 PM

Checking out your group...great job everyone! I'm in Group 2.
Old 10-11-2010, 03:09 PM

Hi everybody. It's the 12th here now, probably still the 11th for you.How are all the ceners going? Behaving themselves I hope.
Only 19 more days and I can send jens centre to bonnie. It's sitting so nicely on my dresser, just waiting to begin its journey back to USA.
It has enjoyed its little holiday here, visitng with all the fabrics in my sewing roon, and going on outings to several LQS, and of course it had a lovely timea at our Melbourne get together. Shame it won't be able to tell tales.
Old 10-11-2010, 04:29 PM

Congratulations to your boys for their great achievements! My DH is an eagle also. He and his brothers, also eagles, have such great memories from their scouting experiences. They got to go to World Jamboree in Australia back in '87 (or maybe it was '88?). They still love to share stories about hikes, campouts, etc. We're hoping our boys will enjoy scouting as well and take it as far as they can. I figured that if we're in this for the long-haul, I'd jump in with both feet. So with no Cub Scouting knowledge myself, I'm now a Tiger den leader. Had our first meeting yesterday and it went quite well. The boys were really engaged and had fun. I've been so focused on scouting that I've done no sewing for two weeks. I must get back to it and hope to catch up on some things this weekend. We only have 3 weeks till the next mailing . . . .[/quote]

Thank you! Boy scouts is a great organization for boys to be in. It is a lot of work for the both the boys and the parents but so worth it when they get the Eagle, as your DH will tell you. I'm sure you will do a good job as den leader.
Old 10-13-2010, 08:29 AM
Power Poster

Just checking in. Is everyone doing will with their lovely centers and first borders? I can't wait to move on.
Old 10-13-2010, 02:39 PM

Wow! that pops, great job of integration, border looks fabulous.

Hope you don't mind I am just swanning around from group 6 having a gander at what others have been up to.

Maybe1day :D
Old 10-13-2010, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by littlehud
Just checking in. Is everyone doing will with their lovely centers and first borders? I can't wait to move on.
I can't wait to move on also. I don't have any solid ideas for yours yet, but I'm sure looking forward to seeing it and enjoying all of those great colors in person.

In the meantime, I keep going back to admire the border lindyline added to my center . . . oooh, I just love it!
Old 10-16-2010, 02:08 PM

Well it's the weekend again, and we're all still very quiet.
I'm going to send Sew cornies finished centre to Bonnie late next week, hopoe this is ok, if not, someone needs to let me know.
Old 10-17-2010, 07:23 AM

Its ok with me. Will get yours finished up as soon as possible.
Old 10-24-2010, 12:42 PM

Good morning all, it's monday cotober 25th in my neck of the woods, and there hasn't been a post here for at least 6 days. Did we all lose the use of our tongues? Or have our fingers stopped working at the keyboards?
Just letting all know, that Jens centre left Friday on its way to Bonnie.Should be there late this week, or early next week. I think it depends on if the postal services are co-operating with each other or not. Some of my swap parcels get there in 4 days, others take 14 days, and that's just the ones mailed on the same days.
Hope everyone's having a good weekend, we went away for ours, and now I'm exhausted. Did 2 country dog shows with our collie, got 2nd in her class at both, but out in the fresh air all of both days. 1st day it rained almost all day, and Sunday it was so nice I got sunburn.
Going now, I've rambled enough.
Old 10-24-2010, 01:11 PM

Good to hear from you! I have Patti's center done and am waiting to send it to Jen. I have it hanging on my design wall and have been enjoying the butterfly print that she chose. It is so pretty. I hope Patti likes what I have added. It is hard to decided just what to do on each one but I have ideas for all of them.

Glad you had a nice weekend. It is drizzling rain and gloomy here but it is October. It's a great day to be creative in the sewing room and I am working on some Christmas projects.

I will get Patti's center in the mail next week sometime. It's Sunday afternoon, October 24th here so Good morning to you!