Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures

Old 10-28-2010, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by alaskasunshine
This is a quilt I made for a friend here on the board. She loves the beach so I tried to make it "beachy". I really loved this quilt. I wrote in thread all over it. It is something I always do and the recipient has fun finding words I quilted into their quilt. The pattern is "Turning Twenty Again" Lots of fun making this quilt!!! And super easy too!!!
I am a huge fan of batiks and I just love this quilt!! I'm sure your friend loves it as well and was really pleased to receive it. The floral blocks look great with all the batiks- great colors too! Thanks for posting.
Old 10-28-2010, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by craftyone27
Originally Posted by alaskasunshine
This is a quilt I made for a friend here on the board. She loves the beach so I tried to make it "beachy". I really loved this quilt. I wrote in thread all over it. It is something I always do and the recipient has fun finding words I quilted into their quilt. The pattern is "Turning Twenty Again" Lots of fun making this quilt!!! And super easy too!!!
I am a huge fan of batiks and I just love this quilt!! I'm sure your friend loves it as well and was really pleased to receive it. The floral blocks look great with all the batiks- great colors too! Thanks for posting.
Thanks so much. It was supposed to be a surprise for her but I popped with excitment. She told me she did not really like batiks...only in very small bits. When I gasped and told her I was making an ALL batik quilt for her she squeeeeled OH MY GOSH, I'll love it no matter what!!! So I finished it for her and quilted it myself. She sent me a beautiful thank you card in the mail. I wish I could have kept it a secret...oh well!
Old 10-28-2010, 11:22 AM

I bought a kit of this fabric, I like yours much better, just wish I was so talented, I have to have a pattern to go by. I love this quilt!
Old 10-28-2010, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by raedar63
I bought a kit of this fabric, I like yours much better, just wish I was so talented, I have to have a pattern to go by. I love this quilt!
Thanks raedar63 :-D
I have one cut out for me but I don't think I'll ever get around to making it. She hates pink so I cut the white flowers out for her and mine has pink flowers. The fabrics are so yummy and she does love it. I loved making it! Super easy. ;)
Old 10-28-2010, 12:35 PM

I just uploaded my avatar. I call it Paisley Paradise, but the pattern is 'For the Love of Licorice' by Linda Hohag, from American Patchwork & Quilting February 2004 edition.

It uses the 'Drunkard's Path' block. It is not pieced it is machine appliqued. :) I didn't cut the extra corner off of my square blocks because I liked the way the paisley pattern showed through the white on white. I used liquid starch to applique the pieces and it was so fun! I also used some fusible web just to try it.

I am really stuck as to hw to finish it. I think i am going to take the green off and get more blue paisley and make a scallopped edge. (I think I like curves...) I am going to use my embroidery machine to embroider the edges with flowers one day, but as for quilting the whole thing, I don't know yet...

Paisley Paradise
[ATTACH=CONFIG]101798[/ATTACH]

Fabrics I love the blue one!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]101804[/ATTACH]

Center( not quite a perfect circle but close enough)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]102200[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-101793.jpe
Views:	516
Size:	19.2 KB
ID:	101798   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-101799.jpe
Views:	554
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	101804   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-102195.jpe
Views:	565
Size:	17.4 KB
ID:	102200  
Old 10-28-2010, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Parrothead
Mine was made by my Grandmother and probably her mother in the 30's. It is one of the few quilts they made that are not scrap quilts. Hand quilted and pieced. They turned the blocks differently than some of the pictures I've seen. I do not have a picture of the full quilt. My youngest daughter now has the quilt. The pattern is Missouri Puzzle and was probably in the Kansas City Star or Caper's Weekly since that is where they got most of their patterns. Notice the intricate quilting (by hand). I'm not sure I would have the patience to do that.
This is just gorgeous----quilting is fabulous!
Old 10-28-2010, 12:59 PM

My is an indian chief. I got the pattern at a stain glass store. Saw it in the window and had to have it. DS is big in Boy Scouts, so this is for him. This is done if fabric, stain glass technique.

Chief
[ATTACH=CONFIG]101272[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-101267.jpe
Views:	3049
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	101272  
Old 10-28-2010, 01:19 PM

Wow what beautiful quilts. Now if I can ever figure out how to get a picture on here--- maybe I can share some of my work.
Old 10-28-2010, 01:56 PM

What a wonderful lot of terrific quilts. I guess I should have taken pictures before I gave mine away!
Old 10-28-2010, 02:08 PM

I love this posting! I get to see all these beautiful quilts! Awesome!