What should I do? >

What should I do?

What should I do?

Old 10-30-2010, 05:17 AM

ABSOLUTELY

Originally Posted by Murphy
File a complaint.
Old 10-30-2010, 06:19 AM

Ebay will try to make it right for you. I won an auction on a serger( i love it) but when it arrived the thread guide was broken and the plastic cover for the motor. I repaired the serger myself and eBay ( or the seller) gave me back HALF of the cost! Serger works like new and I was so happy the eBay was so prompt to help me. Good luck.
sorry so long here. Have a great weekend, rosie
Old 10-30-2010, 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by Murphy
File a complaint.
Ditto
Old 10-30-2010, 06:43 AM

File a complaint, and never do business with him again.
I would never have sent him my machine in the first place.
Surely their is someone local that repairs machines.
With locals you have more control over the work,
especially if the work isn't done properly. And you don't pay until the work is done to your satisfaction.
Hope it all works out for you.
Old 10-30-2010, 07:00 AM

Keep after him. In these days, people have heart surgery and are on their computers within weeks. He should've responded....he's ripped you off. At first I thought the son didn't know what dad was supposed to do....but I'm thinking this is a scam. We don't want anyone else to be ripped off like this!
Old 10-30-2010, 07:35 AM

File a complaint. You have no way of knowing whether the owner was sick or not. He may be a reputable dealer but there are too many instances of fraud on the internet. PayPal will refund your money until the matter is settled.
Old 10-30-2010, 07:46 AM

File a complaint but explain the reason.
Old 10-30-2010, 07:49 AM

Definitely file a complaint! Reading about this kind of stuff is what keeps me from buying anything on ebay.
Old 10-30-2010, 07:52 AM

complain to ebay AND to the better business bureau in his state. From now on, go local! His problem doesn't need to by your problem too. A repututable store will get someone else to get the job done when he can't. It's a scam.
Old 10-30-2010, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by Roberta
I bought a Singer model 99 sewing machine in a cabinet that I loved at a local antique store. Since it needed work, I sent it to a person on EBay that sold me my Featherweight. He told me he was going to exchange my machine for one that was already refurbished if I didn't mind. As long as it was the same machine I had no problem with that. Now to get to the problem and my need for advice. The machine didn't arrive when he said it would. After waiting a few days we contacted him via EBay since he has a "store" on there. A few days later I received an email from his son saying he had major heart surgery but his son would send out my machine. Ok thus far :wink:

When the machine arrived it doesn't work. The wires going into the machine are bare, one isn't even attached to the machine, etc. I paid him $135 to refurbish this machine plus shipping and I got back a machine that can't be used. I paid through my PayPal account but this was a month or so ago since I was waiting for him to respond to my numerous phone calls and emails.

I feel guilty compaining to PayPal about this transaction since I know he has been ill and may not even be with us but I also can't afford to throw away $135 on a machine that doesn't work.

My question, sorry this was so long, what would you do.
File with paypal NOW before it is too late, and send a note to the ebay seller that you are doing so AFTER the complailnt is filed. While this is probably an honest mixup you need to file so that it can be sorted out. You should get a working machine or your money returned and you should not have to spend anything to send the non working one back.