Other Crafting hobbies??

Old 11-07-2010, 11:02 AM

Gosh, whenever I needed something (and no money at hand) I made it. I loved working with my hand and I think I am able to say I am "jack of all hobbies and master of none". Lately, I had to curtail my mounting hobbies to three; quilting, watercoloring, re-making old jewelry into new or different items. I still crochet and knit in the evening while watching TV. And honestly I would love to be able to do the others that I so enjoyed. Mostly I taught myself to do items because when I was asked by someone "could you make this for me", I just did not know how to say "no"; and I glad that I did just that.
Old 11-07-2010, 11:02 AM

i like to do the printed cross stitch my eyes not strong enough for the count
Old 11-07-2010, 12:07 PM

Crochet, knit, sew, cook, bake cookies. Love anything creative but have not gotten into the scrapbooking. That one just doesn't appeal to me cuz I would have to get too organized lol.
Old 11-07-2010, 12:38 PM

I have probably tried just about any kind of handwork...but these days I mostly quilt, knit, and read. I have a spinning wheel I keep wanting to get back out of the attic and use, I do have a rug hooking project I should get back out, a braided rug I keep wanting to work on to get it dining room size...but it may never get that large. I have a hard time completing large projects, like smaller ones better as I am good about finishing those.

I have done, but probably will not again done cross stitch, needlepoint, blackwork, hardanger, counted thread work, weaving.
I would like to try beading, scrapbooking, papermaking, and more.

Just not enough hours in a day!
Old 11-07-2010, 02:13 PM

I've tried just about everything ... can't paint or draw a lick, rug hooking annoys the daylights out of me, and can't stand scrapbooking. Besides making quilts, my favs are sewing garments, knitting, crocheting, and beading.
Old 11-07-2010, 02:53 PM

I knit, crochet and needlepoint....and cross stitch and I'm learning brazillian embroidery. If it involves a needle...I'm there! Except for nursing...I can't stick people on purpose.
Old 11-07-2010, 03:20 PM

I knit, crochet, cross stitch and tole paint.
Old 11-07-2010, 03:39 PM

Photography, crocheting, beading, scrap booking, singing (have a degree in Music Ed - Voice), writing songs (mainly Christian), reading, web page design and I want to add embroidery as a business.
Old 11-07-2010, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by scowlkat
I used to cross stitch but can't see well enough now. I had a ceramic business for many years but that is a dying craft - at least around here - and I had to give it up because I was no longer able to lift the molds. I have always sewn though and kept coming back to it, mostly clothes, until a few years ago when a friend talked me into quilting! Now that is a true friend who helps find you a new addiction!
i did the ceramics for years, until i couldn't find any supplies anymore :(

i do a lot of cross stitch & other needlework & i painted all the floorcloths in my house, and a few for the kids.. i love those... they change a whole room, just like a quilt!
Old 11-07-2010, 05:37 PM

Even more so than quilting my first love is machine embroidery… I have a Janome 9700 and it is a wonderful machine, does everything I need and more. I started machine embroidering more than 3+ years ago and I am totally addicted. I include machine embroidery in many of my quilts. I also crochet (love it) and knit—not crazy about knitting—but have been doing both for over 60+ years. Used to hand embroider, but those days are long gone...