Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 >

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

Old 11-16-2010, 05:31 AM

I am ok with this if the group is. Just let me know when it is finally decided. I will have to find the book and start gathering fabrics.And with my budget will take a while,by the way my son has one more session of chemo after this week and then more tests for the status of his lymphona.Pray for us. Now back to the DJ that I am behind on. Got to catch up lol Jo
Old 11-16-2010, 05:41 AM
Power Poster

Hey jolo...you, your son and the rest of your family are still in my prayers! I think we have plenty of time to gather things for the new project...You might look at Connecting Threads, they have some really inexpensive batiks. I've been told they are good quality but haven't tried them myself. I might have to order a few to check them out. I'll have to find the book too.

Here is a link to the cheapest prices on the book for Affairs of the Heart. http://www.fetchbook.info/compare.do...=9781574328592

Everyone...I did post threads for the remainder of the weeks blocks for the year. They are attached to the virtual section, so when you are ready..they are there. I just hope I didn't do any of them wrong (I've been known to do that)
Old 11-16-2010, 06:14 AM

Hi Patti, I found the book on Amazon for 7.99 English Pounds which is good as the original price was 23$. Its new too at that price. i will order it when I come back from Sevilla.

Another good day at the club, not much to show you though so will keep it for another time. Stillplodding away with my hand sewn purse. Nearly there.

Elle
Old 11-17-2010, 03:18 PM

Hey peeps, was wondering if any of you Janiacs would be willing to tell me the length and width of the kites. I've forgotten and the internet isn't helping me. Thanks!
Old 11-17-2010, 04:23 PM
Power Poster

If you are printing them, either click on "size from quilt"..or use 8 x 8.
Old 11-17-2010, 09:08 PM

Thank you! :0)
Old 11-18-2010, 07:12 PM

We have been in San Antonio since Saturday, but drove home today. While I was there I went to this darling quilt shop in the downtown area called Las Colchas. They are located in an old frame house with a wrap around porch that was built from a Sears kit in the early 1900's, so cute! Anyway, their staff is very nice and helpful, their rooms were full of fabrics and kits and magazines and patterns, such fun! I bought three patterns, that is all, I can't believe I didn't buy more, they had lots of the French General line, which I can hardly resist, but my stash is busting out of space and I need to focus on using it for my next projects.

Here is my Stargazer Jane update: I have 2 blocks, 6 tris and the 4 corners, 12 total blocks to the finish line! :lol: Maybe this weekend I can finish the 2 blocks...:D
Old 11-18-2010, 09:18 PM

Go Meredith go. You are so near now I am rooting for you. I am on week 42, but I have them all cut out ready to go up to week 45. I am off to Sevilla with my quilty friends today so I am up early to catch all my messages.

Will bring loads of pictures back for you all.

Elle
Old 11-19-2010, 05:53 AM
Power Poster

Wil....you GO girl!!! I still lack the 3 corners. I'm still quilting the blocks though..I did #52 last night. I'm really enjoying it. The only thing I have to be careful of is that I'm afraid that I might have gone too close to the edge on a few of them. I'm going to hate to have to redo the little babies. If I did go too close and have to undo it, will I have to unpick the quilting to secure the thread end or can I cut it, then sew over it so that it is locked in the seam???

Elle...I'm looking forward to the pics..:D:
Old 11-20-2010, 05:13 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sandpat
Wil....you GO girl!!! I still lack the 3 corners. I'm still quilting the blocks though..I did #52 last night. I'm really enjoying it. The only thing I have to be careful of is that I'm afraid that I might have gone too close to the edge on a few of them. I'm going to hate to have to redo the little babies. If I did go too close and have to undo it, will I have to unpick the quilting to secure the thread end or can I cut it, then sew over it so that it is locked in the seam???

Elle...I'm looking forward to the pics..:D:
Are you quilting just through the batting, like I did Patti, or with the backing fabric behind too? If it's the way I did it, your quilting won't matter, because the seams just get sewn in when you add the sashing.