Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
*****SWAP CLOSED****10" layer cake Batik swap -Quick turnaround ***SWAP CLOSED**** >

*****SWAP CLOSED****10" layer cake Batik swap -Quick turnaround ***SWAP CLOSED****

*****SWAP CLOSED****10" layer cake Batik swap -Quick turnaround ***SWAP CLOSED****

Old 11-17-2010, 08:48 AM

:-o OOoooo I'm so honored and excited!! I'm now a regular here!! YIPPIE!! I made it! Ha! I didn't think my two weeks would ever get here! :XD:
Old 11-17-2010, 10:53 AM

Ill continue to host until the FUN-ness goes away.. lol

Sooooo.. any ideas for the next swap?? lol.... ha haven't finished this one and already plannin the next one.. I must be crazy!!![/quote]

You're not crazy, you just like a challenge!
Old 11-17-2010, 01:13 PM

what does that mean and how do you become 'a regular here'? this is all so new to me!

and... i just ordered a book on layer cake quilts as this is also 'new' to me... any other ideas or suggestions on patterns or just use the fabric as a color stash for other projects?

thanks for your ideas...
Old 11-17-2010, 02:06 PM

http://www.50plusfriends.com/cookbook/

hello everyone... while we're waiting for our fabric to return, this is a great site for recipes, and crock pot recipes too... see what you think...
Old 11-17-2010, 02:51 PM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

Originally Posted by gardner
what does that mean and how do you become 'a regular here'? this is all so new to me!

and... i just ordered a book on layer cake quilts as this is also 'new' to me... any other ideas or suggestions on patterns or just use the fabric as a color stash for other projects?

thanks for your ideas...
im not sure but i think you need to have posted/replied to so many topics in a week/2 weeks to become 'a regular' .. you need to continue to post/reply to keep your status tho..

Im using mine for scrappy quilts... I've been buying nickel and dimes scrappy books so Im getting some ideas from there..
Old 11-17-2010, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt
Originally Posted by gardner

thanks for your ideas...
im not sure but i think you need to have posted/replied to so many topics in a week/2 weeks to become 'a regular' .. you need to continue to post/reply to keep your status tho..

Im using mine for scrappy quilts... I've been buying nickel and dimes scrappy books so Im getting some ideas from there..
you are right... i just looked up 'help' on the top menu and that's what it said... i'll probably not be able to attain or maintain that level with work, but will try... i am so addicted to this site and your swap! oh yea, and the recipe section...
Old 11-17-2010, 03:58 PM

I didn't read or at least pay attention to the posting so many notes but all I seen was being on here for the first two weeks as a new member, after that you get the title of A Regular Here. Outside of "MOM" thats the best title I've had in a long time! HA! :thumbup:
Old 11-17-2010, 04:04 PM

I found or I'll say have been going to a sight that has LOADS & OODLES of patterns. I found one that is great for Batiks. I may use that one for my blocks I get in Dec.

http://www.quilterscache.com/QuiltBlocksGalore.html

it's the....Batik Bedazzler ... 7" Paper Piecing!

If you go to the block where it gives you sizes of blocks you'd like to do, go to the 7". Look for Batik Bedazzler. I think it's pretty and an endless variety of colors to use.

(The sight is run by Marcia Hohn Quilter's Cache. I had to say all of that for sake of her copyrights, only fair....) I would send a picture but again not sure about the copyright thing.

It's not really a site like what we have here but it's still great. If you are on the main page there are other links but this is the main one with all the patterns. Hope you enjoy!
Old 11-18-2010, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by Momma_K
I found or I'll say have been going to a sight that has LOADS & OODLES of patterns. I found one that is great for Batiks. I may use that one for my blocks I get in Dec.

http://www.quilterscache.com/QuiltBlocksGalore.html

it's the....Batik Bedazzler ... 7" Paper Piecing!

If you go to the block where it gives you sizes of blocks you'd like to do, go to the 7". Look for Batik Bedazzler. I think it's pretty and an endless variety of colors to use.

(The sight is run by Marcia Hohn Quilter's Cache. I had to say all of that for sake of her copyrights, only fair....) I would send a picture but again not sure about the copyright thing.

It's not really a site like what we have here but it's still great. If you are on the main page there are other links but this is the main one with all the patterns. Hope you enjoy!
that quilt pattern Batik Bedazzler is absolutely beautiful... me being such a blue person, I think I'll try it even if I have to purchase more fabric after i get my swaps back... thanks so much for the url to this site... yesterday i ordered a used layer cake quilt book from amazon for ideas too...
Old 11-18-2010, 06:44 PM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

Whoo Hoo Its like Christmas!!!! got more packages in today..

11/16
Lindyline

11/18
Gina 77573
Lori 95470
Ann 83338
Andrea 48317
phyllis 63366
Peggy 68847
Karen 56289
Kathy 46991