Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Currently accepting any at home cold remedies... >

Currently accepting any at home cold remedies...

Currently accepting any at home cold remedies...

Old 11-18-2010, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by oatw13
Believe it or not, colloidal silver, either in a nasal spray or drops, has worked for me to knock a cold out in only a couple of days.

You can buy it at a health food store. It is with the vitamins. It is a huge immune system builder.

Feel better!
I've heard this one and Oil of Oregano works too.
Old 11-18-2010, 12:35 PM

1000 mg of vitamin C 3 or 4 times a day.
Old 11-18-2010, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by pgthom
Originally Posted by sewgull
It's time to go to the doctor.
As a nurse, I second that motion. Especially if you are having trouble breathing. Could be influenza or pneumonia.
Our 42 y/o son almost died last year, all in a 3 day time frame. Had bilateral pneumonia and hemophilous (sp?) influenza. Ended up in intensive care, sedated and on a vent. Nothing to mess around with.
I second this. When you have difficulty breathing, time for doctor. Does not sound like a cold to me.
Also, posted this on another thread, but worth repeating. Get 2 cups of Epsom salts, 1 cup of Apple Cider Vinegar, pour in bath water with the water as warm as you can stand, ease on in up to chin, soak, jump in bed and cover up. Helps with sore achy muscles, draws poisons out, and is very relaxing.
Old 11-18-2010, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by trueimage
Originally Posted by oatw13
Believe it or not, colloidal silver, either in a nasal spray or drops, has worked for me to knock a cold out in only a couple of days.

You can buy it at a health food store. It is with the vitamins. It is a huge immune system builder.

Feel better!
I make my own. I have also put it in a nebulizer for breathing treatments for bad chest congestion and I also make a colloidal silver ointment. It's great for scrapes, cuts, burns, pimples and one lady has been using it on her face and dark pigmentation has disappeared. It will also get rid of skin tags. The uses are countless.
How do you make an ointment out of it? I have skin tags and hate them. How long do you need to use it?
Old 11-19-2010, 04:05 AM

1/3 cup honey, 1/3 cup whiskey and 1/3 cup lemon juice concentrate. Microwave until boiling and sip off the spoon until you pass out, LOL! Really the lemon and whiskey will break up the chest congestion and deal with the aches. the honey soothes the throat and makes the other two ingredients bearable.

BUT if you are having trouble breathing get to a DOC soon!
Old 11-19-2010, 05:06 AM

Hey, what about just stay in bed and get waited on by another family member...that idea would cure me quick....also what about just boil water, take off stove, get a towel and make yourself a tent with the steam..helps those sinus issues quick.
Old 11-19-2010, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by cherylynne
I've heard about rubbing the bottoms of feet with Vicks, and then putting on socks. Never tried it, but I've heard it works.
This really works and was what I was going to post.
Old 11-19-2010, 12:33 PM

Hot bath - as hot as you can stand. Then chicken soup and lots of garlic, onion (serious help with congestion they are), and yes honey if you can't stand the heat of onions and garlic. Sleep, keep warm and no matter what you know it will go away. Strength to you.
Old 11-19-2010, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by cherylynne
I've heard about rubbing the bottoms of feet with Vicks, and then putting on socks. Never tried it, but I've heard it works.
I rub it on my chest and cover with a cotton cloth. Hard to believe putting it your feet would help but one never knows.
Old 11-23-2010, 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by NikkiLu
Vitamin C - keep it out on your counter and take one morning, noon and night for a few days!
This works for me, but I use larger amounts for the first few hours. (Someone told me that their doctor told them to take it until they got the trots, but I've never had to use that much!) Vit C is great for immunity. It's also a good idea to take it before you are exposed to large crowds. A vaporizer, especially at night, also helps tremendously.