have you ever done this?

Old 11-29-2010, 09:08 PM

Depending on the amount of bounced checks you've had in the past, the bank may be able to help you...

If you're REALLY nice (which is hard to do on the phone to people you may be frustrated with) and explain your situation then they may be able to help you with at least a couple of em... give it a shot :)
Old 11-29-2010, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by Deb watkins
I can top this! Made a bank deposit of $3500 to cover taxes, and pay off three credit cards. Two numbers were 'transposed' by the automated reader and put the $ into someone else's account. I had three checks bounce ($30 coverage fee each) and the taxes were deliquent. Made the trip to the bank, and it was all made right and taxes were credited with no late fees.
The bank did this twice on a loan payment. We didn't notice until we got a notice from the bank that they wanted the balance paid in full for default. They made it right but what a lot of grief and panic it caused.
Old 11-30-2010, 03:21 AM

i did that once too...and my husband was really peeved at me..yelled at me like i was a kid. so i gave him the check book and all the bills, and told him to do it himself!
what a relief! he later told me he was sorry..but i think he yelled because it cost us more money for the OD fees.
sorry it happened to you..but your not alone!
Old 11-30-2010, 03:32 AM

One time, in the early 80's, I mindlessly ADDED the mortgage amount to our checking balance. That gave me Double the $$. Nothing bad happened, saints be praised, because we were on such a tight budget that I wasn't accustomed to spending. I believed my balance, and thought I was so clever & resourceful having 'saved' so much money without even trying,,,, until the checking statement came. yikes!
Old 11-30-2010, 07:15 AM

Perhaps you could go to the bank and borrow the money for thirty days to cover the checks. The interest would be less than the overdraft charges.
Old 11-30-2010, 08:16 AM

I had a habit of writing my house payment for 2 months at a time (send Feb with Jan etc.) I was constantly getting those skip a payment envelops in the mail (to tempting) so I was just tossing them unopened into a basket (stupid me). I get a call transferred to me at work from the Presidents secretary no less. It is my original loan officer wanting to know what "WE" are going to do about the 3 month delinquent mortgage. They are starting foreclosure proceedings. I freak and forget where I am and in not a low voice ask him what the he!! he is talking about. Just happened to have that checkbook in my purse and told him exact dates and amounts paid and the notations on the bottom of the check that said 2 months payment for _____ & _____. He starts double talking about he will check into it but will have to call me back. I told him no that I since everyone at work was already listening that I would hold until he got everything resolved. Seems that the tellers were not listening to my instructions "written and verbal" and since the next months payment was not showing on their computer as being "due" they didn't know to handle it and were applying my payment to the principle instead. He then tried to tell me that I was still going to be responsible for the "late" fees that I had not incurred. Needless to say that I didn't pay the late fees either. If I see him in the bank now he walks the other way.
Old 11-30-2010, 08:06 PM

Been there, Done That . Don't Stress your self out.
Old 11-30-2010, 08:14 PM

How strange!! I just did the same thing this month in reverse, I paid a December bill and then hunted like mad to try to find that money in my bills. Finally I went to the Internet and checked out each check online with my check book, and discovered it. I'd kinda forgotten to write it down on the check book...
But that way I'll have a nice little bit left over to spend for presents...and just a little material for another lap robe! And it proved to me that I don't need all the "stuff" I've been buying each month, like frequent trips to Starbucks! I can buy a percolator and make my own, don't like "strained" coffee, not like the old fashioned perked way.
Old 11-30-2010, 08:16 PM

Been there, done that, got the cold shoulder from DS who "never" has that problem!
Old 11-30-2010, 08:18 PM

[quote=mzsooz]Wasn't life so much easier when you only had checks that you had to mail or cash? With all this online stuff and plastic cards it is so hard to make mistakes.
---------------------------
I FINALLY got smart and put the credit cards in the safe deposit box. Now when I really, really want or need something, I have to wait a while for it. And, to my surprise, I discover that I didn't really need it after all. Otherwise, yank out the plastic and instant gratification!! And instant new bills.