Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Amazing gift! >

Amazing gift!

Amazing gift!

Old 12-08-2010, 07:33 AM

I like Bob. He just made a very loyal customer. I think I will look at Superior Threads too.
Old 12-08-2010, 07:34 AM

Yes, kudos to Bob (aka Superior Threads) I use Master Piece, for my regular piecing. I use Bottom line in the bobbin for my embroidery machine.
Old 12-08-2010, 07:42 AM

I, too, receive their newsletters and have benefited tremendously from the education they provide. I have a lot of thread on hand now, but planned to order from them in the future. Your experience reinforces my commitment.
Old 12-08-2010, 07:46 AM
Power Poster

I have been buying the new silk thread from them. I love machine quilting with silk thread it hides most mistakes and sews like silk. :lol: I use the Titanium coated machine needles sold by Superior. They pay for themselves.
Old 12-08-2010, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Farm Quilter
I spent a chunk of change at the Superior Threads booth when I was at Quilting with Machines. I love their thread and use it almost exclusively on my longarm, so I bought lots so I could avoid paying postage! Well, one of the classes I took showed up how to make other items on our longarms (thank you Mindy Wiley) using a stabilizer. Well, I asked for it and Bob (owner of Superior Threads) had it shipped up overnight from Utah to Ohio. When I went to get it the next day it was waiting in a box, with the prices and amounts written on the box...with my name on it! There was a young lady helping out by manning the cash register, so she rang up my sale, gave her my credit card and off I went.

Well, when I got home it took me over a month to get to that box. When I did, I really looked at the box, prices and figured in my head about what I should have been charged and it didn't match my memory of the transaction or any of the charges on my credit card. I called Superior Threads, explained what happened and the fact that I was under-charged by about $50.00 and asked if they had records so I could pay them what I owed. The lady I spoke to said Bob was out that day but would be back the next day so she would call me back. When she called the next day, she told me to enjoy the product guilt-free, whatever I was undercharged was a gift from Bob.

Do you think I will buy thread from anyone else but Superior Thread? I don't think so! Amazing, over-and-above customer care and service!!!
I have no trouble believing this story!! I read their email newsletter and altho I've just discovered Superior Threads, there is a ring of honesty and truth that just comes thru. I save these newsletters and refer to the advice they give and suggestions.I, too would love to take one of their thread classes bec this has been a big bugaboo for me with the new computerized machines. Thanks for sharing this wonderful story. If you read their last newsletter, you'll see the part written by Bob and his take on Christmas!! Love it, love it, love it!!
Old 12-08-2010, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
I have been buying the new silk thread from them. I love machine quilting with silk thread it hides most mistakes and sews like silk. :lol: I use the Titanium coated machine needles sold by Superior. They pay for themselves.
Im assuming you have a longarm. Are longarm needles different than ordinary machine needles? I have short arm on a frame, just interested in the titanium coated you mention. thank you
Old 12-08-2010, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
What a wonderful story. You are honest and they are awesome too! Thanks for sharing. I have a feeling his kindness to you is going to get him a whole lot of new business from us!! :D:D:D
------------------------
Darn right it is, from me at least. I haven't ordered from them before, but will keep that name in memory (the computer's, not mine.)
Old 12-08-2010, 04:46 PM

I get all my thread from them. Love the King Tut.
Old 12-08-2010, 04:49 PM

That's wonderful. Bob will probably gain more customers because of your comments and will realize much more than $50. Thanks for sharing
Old 12-08-2010, 06:05 PM

that was very nice of them , you did good by being honest