Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
*****SWAP CLOSED****10" layer cake Batik swap -Quick turnaround ***SWAP CLOSED**** >

*****SWAP CLOSED****10" layer cake Batik swap -Quick turnaround ***SWAP CLOSED****

*****SWAP CLOSED****10" layer cake Batik swap -Quick turnaround ***SWAP CLOSED****

Old 12-08-2010, 02:08 AM

Woohoo!!!! Thank you all for selecting such wonderful fabric, and especially Linda for all your hard work. This was such a fun swap, can't wait to see what is up for the next one!
Old 12-08-2010, 04:22 AM

I got mine! All the fabric is so beautiful. Thank you luv and everyone that participated in this swap. Now on to the next one!
Old 12-08-2010, 05:15 AM

I got up this morning, put on coffee and had to set in some quiet time around 5:00 AM. Sat down at my table to look at them again...I am just amazed that how they all contrast each other! I over cut some of the ones I sent..the Lizard. So I may include them. I got my box of Batiks down and went thru them. I have a few ideas but not sure...

Does anyone know what you're going to do with yours?! Curious! And too I need some ideas! I don't want to cut them down to much as it leaves to little fabric to show...
I thought about a half fold triangle. Is that to boring or what??
Old 12-08-2010, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by Momma_K
I got up this morning, put on coffee and had to set in some quiet time around 5:00 AM. Sat down at my table to look at them again...I am just amazed that how they all contrast each other! I over cut some of the ones I sent..the Lizard. So I may include them. I got my box of Batiks down and went thru them. I have a few ideas but not sure...

Does anyone know what you're going to do with yours?! Curious! And too I need some ideas! I don't want to cut them down to much as it leaves to little fabric to show...
I thought about a half fold triangle. Is that to boring or what??
i was going to look at a bird or fish tessellation pattern and set out the batik's from dark to light and see if they wouldn't show off nicely that way... i too am up for ideas from others... please excuse my casual typing... sore arthritic hands i'd rather use for quilting than extra keystrokes typing!!
Old 12-08-2010, 08:52 AM

Type it with your nose if you have to! Just keep in communication. And Cusual?? I'd like to see formal on here! HA! One thing I like about this board is that we can be ourselves and if we do make errors, everyone understands! You're doing just fine Gardner!!!
Old 12-08-2010, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by Momma_K
Type it with your nose if you have to! Just keep in communication. And Cusual?? I'd like to see formal on here! HA! One thing I like about this board is that we can be ourselves and if we do make errors, everyone understands! You're doing just fine Gardner!!!
Thanks - it's amazing how some are offended, so i've gotten to where i bring it up first... geeze, it's only email and visiting... this is FUN... sometimes the most fun in my workday!
Old 12-08-2010, 07:45 PM

Gardner, ya know I use to be that way until I figured the best way to be was to be yourself. I tried to be the way others thought I should be and that got me in more hot water than anything. So, I'm just me! I like you being the way you are too, remember you can't please everyone and those you can't, well they're probably not worth your time. I don't mean anything mean by that either. I've been just been run over so many times to where I say the heck with them! And I know what you mean buy coming here is the most fun of the day. I can't get my Christmas gifts done for coming here so much! Ha! But today was all business. I had to clean carpet alllll day long! I'm just setting down now and it's near 11 pm. I'll pay for it tomorrow with this arthritis but it had to be done! So, until later, have a good day!!!
Old 12-08-2010, 08:17 PM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

so who's still missing theirs?? everyone's envies arrived safe and sound ???
Old 12-08-2010, 08:25 PM

Mine came in just fine and I'm SOOooo happy with them!! can't wait for the next Swap! Thank you Linda!
Old 12-08-2010, 08:36 PM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

This swap was fun.. I really, really like the bigger squares so I think that's what we will stay with for 2011... It was soooooooooo much easier to swap than the million 5 inch I-spy squares were.. Ok I know there wasn't that many but it sure felt like it..

So what does everyone think of a 'Stash Buster Surprise' swap? instead of buying a yard take a yard from your own stash.( cut into 12 ct 10.5 inch squares) No purchase necessary!! it could be anything from your very own stash of fabric.. Batik, calico, floral, solids, blenders, oriental,etc..

I figured it would be a nice one to do since everyone was spending money over the holidays and this would be a break- No spending $$ on fabrics but yet you can still participate.. But it must be unwashed fabric tho.. Whatcha think?????