Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Potholder Swap - Signup by October 31, 2010 >

Potholder Swap - Signup by October 31, 2010

Potholder Swap - Signup by October 31, 2010

Old 12-09-2010, 09:43 PM

Got mine! I got a beautiful fan applique pot holder and a clever pot holder made from a kitchen towel. Thank you SO much! I gasped when I took them out of the package because they're so beautiful. :)
Old 12-09-2010, 10:15 PM

Soooo sorry I've been MIA guys. I've had a hard couple of weeks, but I'm here now. Thank you for being patient with me, and sorry I haven't been communicating at all recently. I'll try to get caught up on the swap pages and my pms this weekend.

All of the potholderx have been mailed back. If you have not yet recieved yours, or you have any other issues, feel free to contact me by pm.
Old 12-10-2010, 03:35 AM

Alright, I've read all the posts on this swap. It seems there's a lot of interest in doing this again, yes? Maybe I'll make this a seasonal thing, so the next one gets us ready for spring.

And... I have a great problem. The potholders I recieved were waaay too cool to use, so they're decorating the wall in my dining room, on top as a kind of border. So I'm with you guys, I need more!

I'm glad to see the pictures and posts on how excited you guys are with your packages. This was really fun. I had planned on giving some of these away as presents, but like some of you I can't give them up.
Old 12-10-2010, 06:18 AM

I would love to do a spring themed one, will start now so that I will have them ready when it's time
Old 12-10-2010, 06:26 AM

I am going to start on spring themed potholders also,I certainly enjoyed this last swap, and wonder, maybe it would be less work for the hostess if we had partners? and less postage too?

just a thought.

jacie
Old 12-11-2010, 04:48 AM

Originally Posted by jacie
I am going to start on spring themed potholders also,I certainly enjoyed this last swap, and wonder, maybe it would be less work for the hostess if we had partners? and less postage too?

just a thought.

jacie
That is a great ideal! I started off with 10 and when I brought it to the post office, it was going to be 10.95$. then I would had to put the same to mail back--I backed out and only did 5....
Old 12-11-2010, 05:40 PM

I love the potholders I received and would love to do another swap in the spring and summer and fall and even the 4th of July.
Old 12-11-2010, 08:10 PM

I would re think making 10 again also because of the huge amount of postage when sending it to hostess and then needing the postage for returns....... jacie
Old 12-12-2010, 01:25 AM

We'd all love a picture of that wall I bet :)
Old 12-12-2010, 02:07 AM

Jacie, I agree. The postage was a lot... and on my end, it was hard to fit the swapped out potholders back into those tiny envelopes! I had to shove 'em in, fold them, play tetris with 'em a little, then use LOTS of tape! LOL my hubby was looking at me like I was nutso a little bit.

I haven't thought much about how the next one will go. We could do partners, but then you'd only be swapping with one person... although I guess we could do multiple partners if you wanted. The good thing about sending 'em to me is that you get them back from 10 different people.

If we do have them sent to me again, I think I'd limit it at 6 or 7, but still you have to pay double postage. What do you think?

Oh and Nolee, I get the hint. ;) When I can get the camera back from hubby (who's taking pictures of engine parts, he's a car nut) I'll take a picture of my potholders border to share.