Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Rowenta or......??? >
  • Rowenta or......???

• Rowenta or......???

Old 12-14-2010, 05:35 PM

I have a walmart cheapy and I can't complain. It's not heavy like the good one my mom used to have. I've had mine for about 5 years now and whenever it does die, I'm getting another cheap one.
    Old 12-14-2010, 06:37 PM

I have a Rowenta Powerglide 2. I don't think they make this one anymore. It does not shut off automatically. I've used it steadily for 10 years, paid around $65 for it. Some days it doesn't get turned on at all and other days it's on all day. It cycles on and off but heats right back up to temp. within 15 sec. It steams well and has the Power Serge of Steam button. I don't have to wait a couple min. for it to 'wake up', like some other irons I've used. I did buy a Rowenta Focus last Fall, thinking my Powerglide might be on it's last legs (just time wise,because of it's age, it's not giving me any problems or symptoms of not functioning).
    Old 12-14-2010, 07:39 PM

I tried two Rowentas and was not pleased at all. I have used a T-Fal for several years and really like it. My MIL has a Black and Decker that is better than my T-Fal and any other iron I have ever used.
    Old 12-14-2010, 07:54 PM

I love my Rowenta and have had it for a few years now with no complaints. Also, can get good buys on them at JCPenney...that's where I got mine. Maybe Kohls too...not sure.
    Old 12-14-2010, 08:00 PM

I have a medium priced Rowenta and haven't has any ttouble yet. However I don't use it very much. I got a Shark at a garage sale (I heard they were good) andI loved it. I heated fast and was not as heavy as the Rowenta. I must confess the Shark did go out on me but it may be because it gets knocked off the ironing board almost every time I used it. Also I really don't know how old it was when I bought it. I am planning to buy another Shark.
    Old 12-15-2010, 03:00 AM

I have a Rowenta that I have been using for the past 7 yrs. It has great steam, it's heavy, and it sprays well. I love the iron, but, it has a bad point also. I have to clean the bottom of the iron with a steel pad every once in a while to get the starch offf of it. But then it works really well. Get one, you will love it.
    Old 12-15-2010, 03:52 AM

I've had a Rowenta for at least 10 years and have used it a lot. Never had a leaking problem. I've seen ads for the one that lifts up and that would be really neat to have. I don't know how expensive those are, but probably more than the Rowenta. I have a lot of pain in my hands and lifting a heavy iron doesn't help.
    Old 12-15-2010, 03:56 AM

I've had about 4 Rowenta irons and every one of them leaked. I am usiing one in my sewing room as a "no steam" iron. I do, however, LOVE the Rowenta travel iron. I've never used water in it, but it is small enough to keep on my ironing surface close to my machine and it gets really, really HOT! I got a new one because a friend is coming to take a workshop and we each need our own iron. I got it at Bed Bath and Beyond with a 20% coupon and paid only $32 for it. JoAnn' have theirs for $54.99!!!
    Old 12-15-2010, 04:05 AM

I worked at a large chain fabric store for 11 years, mostly in customer service. I've returned many Rowentas and purchased two of them that were returned at a damaged price plus my employee discount. The two that I bought have nothing wrong with them however, I don't think they get as hot as some of the cheap brands of irons. When I no longer have these two irons, I will buy a Black and Decker.
    You can't put distilled water in Rowentas.
    Old 12-15-2010, 04:13 AM

Please do not buy a Rowenta, I spent boo coo bucks on one and it didn't last a year. I went to walmart and bought a 30.00 sunbeam and it lasted 5 years. Last week it broke and I bought a new one..a shark...and I hate it. Back to the sunbeam..LOL.