Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Rowenta or......??? >

Rowenta or......???

Rowenta or......???

Old 12-15-2010, 08:50 AM

i really LOVE my rowenta.i have had it for about 10-11 years.bought at tuesday morning-most always the best price.it will pay for itself by not having to buy distilled water-it MUST ONLY use tap water.alot of people don't read directions,and ruin them by using distilled.i truly treasure mine.
Old 12-15-2010, 08:54 AM

I have had two Rowentas too. My first one got dropped a lot because of my teenage daughters. I had a lot of leaky probs with it too. So, I gave them another shot. Like a dummy I paid another $100 for one. It is just ok. I think it doesn't get that hot. I needed a second iron (one for my sewing room and one for my laundry room) got a cheapy Shark...It's pretty good too. I do think it tips over easily.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:32 AM

I bought a ProGlide years ago at LQS and it is my favorite iron. It was expensive but worth it. When I'm sewing and pressing I hate the "auto off" irons. I want my iron to stay on and hot. I've bought 2 or 3 cheap irons that I didn't like. Then I finally found one at CVS pharmacy that didn't have the auto off feature. Thats what I now use in the sewing area. Its a Round The House. Cost me less than $15.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:53 AM

hello the rowenta is a great iron i have several as i seem to be a collector of things i have one that i have had since they were first made with a removable well and have two others one i loaned to a friend and she used it on adhesives and go glue on the base so i bought a different one i havent had a problem with it and i like the product if something goes wrong with the iron contact the company and they will replace it i also have a small travel iron i use when i go traveling or quilting it folds up and has its own case. i have been so satisfied with the product i would highly reccomend it. I purchased one of the cordless maytag irons because it was cordless and i gave it away i also have had a sunbeam which worked well but i still prefer the rowenta. there are several models and i believe this one was about 69.95
Old 12-15-2010, 10:03 AM

I have a $20 Black and Decker one from Walmart. Never had a problem with it! The ONLY thing I don't like about it is that it has an automatic shut off after a certain amount of time, so, for an example, I have to reset the darn thing 5 times when pressing a completed quilt top. Usually it's not a huge issue, and helpful because I will sometimes get distracted and walk away, leaving it on...but when I'm USING it, it peeves me off. lol
Old 12-15-2010, 10:41 AM

I have a Rowenta - 1700 Watts and made in GERMANY! Don't buy the ones made in China.
Old 12-15-2010, 11:23 AM

I bought a Rowenta about ten years ago and it has been sitting on the floor under the ironing board for about that long. It was too heavy for my wrist.
I went to Kmart and bought a Westinghouse that is nice and light weight and shuts itself off when I forget to do that.
It does everything I want it to do .
:)
Old 12-15-2010, 11:28 AM

I have a Rowena but would never buy another one. Way too expensive and poorly designed. The control location is not good as I keep hitting it which resets it and that I don't like that. Sometimes water leaks out where I hold on to it and other times it does not -- don't know what causes the leaking. It has many hole vents for steam so there is plenty of steam but the next time I'll just go to Walmart and get an inexpensive one.
Old 12-15-2010, 11:32 AM

I love my Rowenta and have never had a problem with it leaking. I also have the small travel Rowenta that also works great.
Old 12-15-2010, 11:43 AM

Had a Rowenta for a few years but it started to leak a lot. Went to an Oliso that I love but also bought a Shark at Costco. Love the amount of steam out of the Shark!